Chapter 2 : Nanny

"Daddy, could you take miss (y/n) things up to her room please..?" asked Mrs Heelshire to her husband. Mr Heelshire nodded.

"Miss (y/n), we might as well get started. I have a lot to show you." said Mrs Heelshire.

"You'll be all alone out here. Do you think you can manage?" asked Mrs Heelshire. "Yes, of course."

"Hmm. We've had a number of potential nanies come through already. Brahms has rejected them all, though they weren't nearly as young or as pretty as you." she said. You smiled. "Thank you."

"You will wake him at 7:00 each morning and you will dress him. You'll find his clean clothes behind you." Mrs Heelshire said. You nodded. Mrs Heelshire picked Brahms up and lay him on his bed. She then turned to look at you.

"Now, if you please darling?" she asked and you immediately understand that you need to do what she's told you about.

You then walked to Brahms and picked him up gently. "Wake up, Brahms." you said softly. You turned to Mrs Heelshire to see she's smiling watching you doing that. You are now changing his clothes like an older sister to her baby brother.

As you and Mrs Heelshire walked into the study room, Mrs Heelshire said "Brahms has three hours of lessons five days a week and I like to start by reading some poetry. Do you know any miss (y/n)?"

You nodded. "Yes, I know a bit of Alfred Tennyson's poems." you answered. Mrs Heelshire looked satisfied.

"If you don't want to read peoms, you can read him a book, of course. Any of these books wilk do but you MUST read in a LOUD, CLEAR voice." she said,, purposely raising her voice at the words. "Yes, Of course." you said with a loud, clear voice. "Excellent." she said, smiling.

"Next, is the music appreciation. Music, miss (y/n). I don't know how Brahms would go on without his music. It's his world. Of course, he likes it louder than I prefer, but it gives him so much joy. I don't dare take it away from him." Mrs Heelshire said.

As the music go loud, you jumped a bit at the high note of the classical opera.

You are now with the Heelshires sitting in the dining room. Brahms has been put in front of you by Mrs Heelshire. She put a napkin on Brahms lap.

After you're done eating, you went to the kitchen with Mrs Heelshire.

"We don't throw any food out in this house, miss (y/n). This is country house, Do you know what that means? It means we're in constant battle with the outside elements. Weather, plants, vermin. Especially vermin, miss (y/n). And so we take certain measures against them." Mrs Heelshire said. You nodded.

That's when Mr. Heelshire walked in the kitchen and hand Brahms to his mum's arms. She then looked at you.

"Mr Heelshire will explain the rest of your duties." she said.

"uh,, the food.. Goes in here." Mr Heelshire continued.

You put the leftovers in the fridge he's opened for you. "Thank you." he said kindly.

"Now, I'll show you ther traps." he said while reaching out to his jacket.

"Yes,, we do our best to keep up the house. Oh by the way, we don't use the fireplaces anymore. A bit of a hazard. And regrettably, the last tradesman we had actually... He managed to paint the windows shut. You know, personally I don't think that all of this is necessary but Mrs Heelshire is convinced that the rats will get into the walls. And Brahms, of course, he's never been very fond of animals except cat. He's always been very shy, you see. Very timid. I know how this must look to you, miss (y/n), and to be completely honest, I'm not sure how it all came to this. Little by little and then all at once, I suppose." he said. You nodded.

"What I'm trying to say is that whatever it might look like on the outside, our son is here. He's very much with us." he said. Right after he finished his sentence, you felt something heavy in your chest. You missed your parents so much. The way the Heelshires took care of Brahms, you totally understand that they're a good and loving parents.

Your eyes blurred.

"Do you understand, miss (y/n)?" asked Mr Heelshire.

"Yes." you said, wiping off your tears.

1.12.2020