Anything but Anal

Axel's POV

It was a Saturday, which was apparently a big wedding night. Erik was away on a job taking pictures for a lucky bride and groom, which meant the house was empty.

Leo's head was a little too close to the top of the doorframe for comfort. "Wow, your place is gorgeous. Really modern."

It was true. Compared to Leo's mess of picture frames and decorations and random knick knacks, the stark black-and-white-and-gray of the apartment was probably shocking. But Erik had an eye for making things look good and I wasn't the type to care about decorations.

"It's all Erik," I said, giving credit where credit was due. "And he cares about stuff too, so make sure you don't get anything on our rug."

Leo's eyes dropped to the floor and he awkwardly slid his boots off. "I'll try my best."

I was nervous. The apartment was a place that was for me and Erik. It was private. Letting Leo inside made me feel more vulnerable than I expected.

I was also painfully aware that, where Leo's wall was filled with him and an array of friends and family, I only had pictures with Erik. He probably wouldn't notice that, though.

"Well, well," Leo sighed, sliding onto the couch. His massive form took up so much space. It was nothing like skinny Erik, bundled in a circle of blankets. "I never expected you to invite me to your place. I guess my head was good."

I flopped next to him and gave him a dirty look. "Shut up about that. But yeah, I guess you make the cut or whatever."

Twinkling eyes, a smile that was too bright to believe. "I'm honored. C'mere, cuddle me."

The worst thing was that I really wanted to. I deflated onto the couch and leaned into his side, relaxing as he tossed an arm over my shoulders. "Huh. This isn't even the worst."

Leo chuckled and grabbed the blanket that was resting on the arm of the couch. He tossed it over us and we positioned ourselves until we were cozy. "This is nice," Leo said, his voice a deep rumble in his chest. "I like being close to you."

It was getting to be difficult to continuously tell him to shut up. Instead, I sighed and attempted a glare.

Leo was oblivious. He ran fingers through my hair and dropped a kiss on my forehead. I was a man, so that kind of thing was supposed to be humiliating. But a forehead kiss from Leo made something in my stomach flip flop.

"Tell me how it went," Leo sighed, settling in deeper. "I want to hear about it."

I wasn't sure when Leo had become a person I was comfortable sharing my secrets. The man sure was sneakily earning my affection. "She told me she wanted me in the baby's life. Which I guess means she's keeping the kiddo."

Leo's smile was soft and sweet. "That's good, right? Congratulations, Axel."

"Thanks, Leo." I sighed and leaned against him. "I'm still nervous, though. I have no clue how to coparent with someone. I don't know how custody works or anything."

Leo's hand stroked down my back. "Axel, of course not. You've only just found out the news. You'll learn how you and Alyssa best coparent as things go along. All the details will fall right into place, I think."

That was nice to hear. And Leo, for some reason, seemed like he knew what he was talking about. "I guess that makes sense."

"Course it does," he chuckled. "You're expecting way too much of yourself too soon. As long as you try your very best to be the best father and coparent you can be, I'm sure everything will work out."