Platonic Bro Evening

Erik's POV

"Erik ... I'm gay or something."

I was editing pictures on my computer. They were of a beautiful bride and groom, and I had been masochistically envisioning Axel and Alyssa.

I blinked. I looked up. There was Axel, in his hunky manly glory, shifting back and forth on his feet like a toddler who had to piss.

"What?" I asked.

Axel shifted and his boots made an awkwardly loud squeaking sound in the silence of the room.

Then he cleared his throat. "So I'm gay. Or whatever. I guess."

According to a recent text from him, he was at lunch with Alyssa. Which was a very not gay thing to do and also made me very ... irked. Not jealous. Irked.

I went back to editing my pictures to act nonchalant. An act was an act, though. "Axel, didn't you just tell me that you lied to Alyssa about that? Why are you now lying to me?"

Axel tipped his head back, groaned, and sat on the floor at my feet. I met his seaglass gaze and my insides melted when he said, "Close the computer and look at me, Erik."

I closed my computer. "Do you have enough attention now, dear?"

His satisfied gaze said enough. "I've been having a crisis. I think I'm a homo. Ally says I'm bisexual, but I don't know."

Okay, now that I had him at my feet, I was close enough to observe him. His hair was a rumpled mess. He had darkened spots of exhaustion beneath his eyes. And in those eyes— the blue that usually burned with self-assurance and confidence, I was met with wariness.

Wow. He walked in on me jerking off and it broke him.

"Is this ..." I tried really hard not to make a put-upon noise. "Is this about when you walked in on me?"

He sat up straighter. "What, the jerk-off thing?"

"Yeah."

"Yes!" Well, Axel could never be accused of dishonesty. He waved his hands frantically. "And my boss literally wants to eat me. Like in a sexual way. I can tell. And it's like— Jesus, it's kind of hot?"

My eyes snapped to his. "Who is this?"

"Uh ... Leo? My boss?"

"Your boss flirts with you?"

"To be fair, he kind of flirts with everyone."

Now Axel was looking at me like I was the crazy one. I forced myself to control my own random anger. "Fine. That's fucking weird, first of all. But if you're having a gay crisis and a guy is interested in you, boom. Problem solved. How about you go hook up with Leo?"

His mouth parted. "Should I? Leo is like ... huge. And what if I think about getting poop on my dick? I might totally loose my boner."

I was definitely smirking. "The way you describe Leo, I kind of figured it was him that would be worrying about that."

It took a minute. But when it finally clicked in his mind, the reaction was totally worth it.

"ERIK." Axel gasped and literally moved a hand to clutch at his own ass. "Never."

I propped a leg over another and gave him my best inquisitive look. "But why? If you think you're gay, you must've thought about a dick up your ass."

"I haven't!"

Axel had gone completely pale. Maybe he wasn't gay. My personal preferences tended towards being on too, but I didn't mind the thought of being fucked up the ass.