Chapter 7: Wudou Disease

While Zhang Haiyan was thinking things over, he suddenly had an idea. Seeing that the sentry hadn't walked far away from him, he immediately stopped him.

"Wait."

Zhang Haixian was very uncomfortable hiding in the corner, but just as he wanted to step out, he heard Zhang Haiyan call out. He had no choice but to shrink back and continue to hide.

When the sentry came back, Zhang Haiyan still didn't turn around, but pretended to fiddle with the bottles and cans on the cabinet as he said, "There's something I didn't tell you before, but I've thought it over. Since the situation is critical, I can't lie to you anymore."

"I'm listening, Lieutenant."

"Have you heard of a man called Zhang Haiyan?" Zhang Haiyan asked.

Of course, there was no way the sentry would know of him. He shook his head. "I've never heard of him."

Zhang Haixia, who was still standing in the dark corner, frowned. He had no idea what Zhang Haiyan was trying to do at this time.

"This person works in the South Sea Archives under the South Sea Maritime Affairs Office. He specializes in investigating strange cases in the South Sea area. He's a famous master. The person who was on the Flower Reef just now was him. He's my mortal enemy. I've lived in his shadow for a long, long time."

The sentry was extremely puzzled, and hesitated before cautiously saying, "Oh. I understand. But... didn't you just say that it was Zhang Qishan's people?"

"I said that because I didn't want to scare you. This Zhang Haiyan is a thousand times more troublesome than Zhang Qishan. I said it was Zhang Qishan because I was afraid you would piss your pants if you knew it was Zhang Haiyan." Zhang Haiyan lowered his voice, trying his best not to laugh. He looked at Zhang Haixia, who rolled his eyes in the darkness.

It was obvious the sentry was more afraid of Zhang Qishan, so he was utterly confused at this time. "So—you want us to—"

"Blow the reef up. We can't wait any longer. Even if the things inside are scary, we have to finish our work tonight and leave here!"

The sentry looked uncertain. "But—"

"I'll take responsibility for everything. I'm ten thousand percent sure that Zhang Haiyan is already among us. If we can't finish it tonight, we'll all die here."

The sentry had no choice but to nod and quickly retreat. It seemed that he had been very well trained.

Zhang Haiyan turned around and closed the door before saying, "See? There's a problem with being trained too well. If you had treated me like this, I would've drop-kicked you a long time ago. There's no way I'd let this kind of trick succeed."

Zhang Haixia came out of hiding, unwilling to talk to Zhang Haiyan at the moment.

Zhang Haiyan thought for a while and then pulled the needles from his throat. "Of course, ordinary people wouldn't believe that someone could be this shameless. I also have to admit that I'm quite gifted."

"There are still a lot of prisoners here. If you're giving out orders indiscriminately, all those people might die." Zhang Haixia said.

"This place is heavily guarded. These soldiers are well-trained and equipped with fearsome automatic pistols. They've made hundreds of hostages work as laborers. You still think we can get out of this unscathed?" Zhang Haiyan took a cigarette out of his pocket and lit it. "In this kind of situation, we'll all die. We won't stand a chance unless we cause some trouble."