Chapter 52: I Am Your Mother. I Am Also Your Grandfather.

Zhang Haiyan looked at Bai Yu. The girl's feelings for her sister were sincere, but based on her behavior just now, both sisters appeared to be murderous monsters.

Zhang Haiyan had never been biased when it came to beautiful girls, nor did he agree with the saying that minors shouldn't die for committing major crimes.

The girl's childish expression and worry in her eyes as she waited for news of her sister would normally make people feel pity for her. But in Zhang Haiyan's eyes, she was a venomous snake with its head lowered. He couldn't afford to take his eyes off the snake's heart now.

"Your sister is still in Xiamen. Her life is in our hands," Zhang Haiyan lied without hesitation. "Don't worry, she's well taken care of. But you've killed so many of us. If I can't go back alive this time, your sister will die a miserable death."

"How do I know if what you've said is true?"

Bai Zhu had probably died at sea. She might've escaped from the ship using the lifeboat, but the probability of her being able to go ashore and arrive in Xiamen was too low.

"You can trust me because I got off the Nan'an alive. It's impossible anyone else would know of her whereabouts," Zhang Haiyan said.

Bai Yu looked at him resentfully. "I can let you go. What should I do to get my sister back?"

"You won't come to a good end if you betray Mo Yungao," Zhang Haiyan said. Even though she had such strong skills, it was still very easy to manipulate her since she was so young.

"He won't know. I'll say that you jumped off the train."

Zhang Haiyan laughed and looked at the alarm bell beside him. "I won't leave until I achieve my goal."

I'm just like a good-looking playboy, he thought to himself. If I keep pushing for what I want, this little girl won't be able to think carefully.

People who killed their opponents without hesitation definitely weren't good at handling real pressure, after all. And no matter what the occasion, the pressure of letting their opponent survive was surely greater than killing them once and for all.

Bai Yu looked at him, "What do you want?"

"I want to know where you plan on releasing the plague in each city," Zhang Haiyan said. "If you let the plague break out in these cities, I guarantee that your sister will be infected as well. Do you see, Bai Yu? I'm doing something good. I'm a good person who's trying to help you reunite with your sister."

If your sister is still alive, Zhang Haiyan thought to himself, I'll kill you both so that you can reunite with each other.

Bai Yu continued looking at him. After they stood in this deadlock for a while, she finally asked, "You want to prevent the plague from breaking out?"

"Correct."

"Our team is going to bring the plague water and pour it into each city's main water source. The people in our team are free to move around, so the division will send them a telegram when it's time to act. They'll wait a day after they receive the telegram before starting the process."

"What if they don't receive the telegram?"

"They'll release the plague next Monday at noon. I'm to lead the team in Nanjing," Bai Yu said. "But it certainly won't happen then."

"Why?"

"You just handed the telegraph room the telegram that will release the plague."

"What?!" Zhang Haiyan was stunned.