[ twelve ]

The plan was simple

The plan was simple.

First: create a diversion to draw Filch out of his office and down a side corridor. Then: waiting at the edge of the hall, there was a bucket of super glue and just after it another filled with the brightest pink sparkles they could find; at the further end of the hall stood Evelyn with a camera and the boys just behind her, wands ready to tip the buckets once Filch reaches their mark.

One picture, that's all they wanted.

And it was a two fold plan of simple, genius perfection.

"Are you sure it'll work?" George asks.

Evelyn shrugs, checking the film in the camera they gave Collin Creevey two galleons for them to borrow for the hour (only two because Evelyn asked so sweetly the boy blushed while Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum waited in the hall). "I can transport barely uttering the words at this point," she tells them, "I don't see why I can't take the two of you with."

"If it works, we may have to be using it a lot more often," Fred suggests. "Could be revolutionary for our pranks."

"Agreed," George chimes.

"Yeah, maybe we can get down to two detentions a week," Evelyn suggests.

"Maybe you can," Fred says. "But I dunno about us."

Evelyn rolls her tinted eyes and snaps the side of the camera shut. They both gaze over her shoulder and look between her fingers working the tech and her profile, smirks painted their distinct faces under their mop of bright red hair that's almost reaching their shoulders now, their bags hung in their eyes.

"Almost ready?" Fred asks.

"I'm always ready," Evelyn replies with a smirk.

So Fred lights the echoing smoke bomb with a quiet 'incendio' and rolls the device down the hall.

"Ears," George reminds them. Evelyn squats down and balances the camera on her knees so she can cover her ears with both hands.

BOOM!

A thick could of grey smoke quickly fills the air. It disperses quickly as they hear Filch yell from his office as he heads out of it. "What the hell was that?"

The boys raise their wands and lift the buckets from the stone rafters. Evelyn lifts the camera as she stands and aims it to the opened end of the hall.

Filch stalks towards the phenomenon, muttering profanities and hate against 'those damn kids' under his breath. Once he reaches the bomb, Fred twirls the end of his wand, tipping the glue bucket completely upside down as Filch looks down at the bomb's empty shell. It takes until he picks it up for the entire center of the glue held in the bucket to drop like a water balloon onto the top of his head.