[ twenty-seven ]

She hops over the arm of the couch and nearly lands in Fred's lap, her spirits completely recharged from the events of the past 24 hours

"Woah!" He jumps to the side. "Easy there, tiger."

"How was your shower?" George asks from the other end of the cushions.

She smiles through the warmth of the commons, radiating her blossoming energy, "refreshing."

"That's good," Lee nods, rolling onto his back on the floor.

"It was getting late," Hermione chimes, "we weren't sure you were still coming over."

"I'd rather be here than listen to Julia and Carrie chat about Vinnie Duvaux's dick—"

"Ewe," Fred's nose scrunches. "They both shagged him?"

Evelyn shakes her head, crossing her legs and playing with the end of her braid. "Julia did, last year, but Carrie's been messing around with him for a bit now I guess... I dunno, I didn't bother to pay much attention."

All the boys nod, none of them quite sure they know what to say about it.

"I heard Lavender Brown talking about him the other day," Hermione jumps in, still flipping through her book. "Can't remember who with though..."

"Jackie," Ginny reminds her. "Can't remember her last name, but the one Ravenclaw girl she's always with."

Hermione nods, her eyes lighting up at the recollection. "Right."

"Rather nasty looking, Vinnie is," Ginny continues.

"He's quite average," Evelyn agrees, eyeing her nails. "I've always thought brunet boys were fairly so..."

"And yet, you snogged Cedric Diggory," Fred comments quietly.

"King of brown-haired white boys," Lee chuckles.

"Anyways," Evelyn looks over to George, "could I have that book back please?"

He looks at her for a moment. "For..."

"It's Harry's mum's," she says. "I wanted to give it to him... he should have a piece of his mother." She glances around the room, looking for him or Ron and finding neither. "Where is he anyways?"

"He and Ron have been upstairs ever since lunch," Hermione says.

"Book," she more so orders than requests.

George gives her a look. "Excuse you, Evie, but I don't believe I heard a magic word in there."

She plays along, pouting her lips and tilting her head, her eyes with gentle pleading as her eyelashes bat sweetly. "Georgie... can I pretty please have that book back that you took?"

He rolls his eyes dramatically. "The magic word was 'arugula'," He tells her as he stands from the couch. He steps over to her and watches her head tilt up to look at him. "But I suppose since you asked so sweetly..."