[ twenty ]

The only day Evelyn ever plans to run through the halls of Hogwarts is April 1st

She's up earlier than usual, dressed quick and ready for the day with a giddy grin, and she's making her way to the Great Hall by 7.

This April 1st is no different. She jumps out of bed, dressing in her usual school skirt and shirt, opting out of a jumper for the day and just pulling on her yellow-lined robe after adjusting her tie and tying her Doc Martins into place.

"You're far too energetic, Wyre," Julia yawns from the edge of her bed. She isn't even dressed yet and Eleanor and Carrie are still sound asleep.

Evelyn smiles. "Sorry, J. You can sleep in next week." With that, she bolts out the room and down the halls, up the stairs and to the Great Hall.

She spots them instantly, her lips pulling out to her ears as she runs down the center isle towards them.

Harry checks his watch as he spots her. "Hm... 7 sharp. Her personal best."

The twins look at him curiously, and then it registers with them. They turn their heads just as she reaches them.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" She squeals, her arms slinging around George's shoulders and her lips planting a loving kiss to his cheek. She spins off of him and onto Fred and she gives him the same gestures; by the time she squeezes in between them on the bench, both boys are blushing and it would seem that her shaded chapstick was still so fresh that there was a perfect, peachy pink imprint of her lips on either boy's cheek.

Lee chuckles at them and points to his own cheek.

"What?" Fred asks, rubbing the wrong side of his face.

Evelyn looks at him and bites down a giggle. "It's nothing," she holds onto one side of his face and takes her thumb to the print. "I got my chapstick on your face," she tells him.

He furrows his brow, "marking us now Wyre? That's low."

She turns his head by his chin to inspect it. "Shut it, or you won't get your present."

"What a threat," George chuckles. Evelyn turns to him now, licking her thumb and taking it to the darker print. He smirks. "You know you'll give it to us anyhow," He tells her, "you've only been bragging about it for months."

"And if not, we might have to pry it from you," Fred suggests. "We have to see this perfect gift for ourselves at some point."

Evelyn bites her cheek and tilts his head. They were right, she's been excited about their present since she'd thought of it. She knows they'll love it.

"Yes well..." She tucks her thumb under the material of her jumper and dries his cheek, "we'll have to see." She shakes his head by holding his chin endearingly and leans in a little. "Just because you're older than me again doesn't mean you can push me around, Georgie."