[ three ]

Drowsy

Drowsy.

Her entire body is drowsy. Her arms and legs are stuck together and magnets to her torso. The mesh carpet that runs underneath her itches against the exposed skin of her ankles. her heavy eyes don't want to open, and when they do, it alarms the inner parts of her about what could have happened while her body stays lead-weighted and curled in Nell's arms.

The two boys sitting on the floor across from her seem somewhat relieved when her eyes open fully, though George's face is paler than normal. The man behind them, whom Evelyn has never seen before, also releases a breath as she sits upright in the warm hold of Nell's angel-white cardigan.

Why am I on the floor? And why do Fred and George look like they just saw a ghost? She wonders.

"Lord, Ev," Fred breathes, "you gave us a scare."

Without response, as Fred's words were in one ear and put the other, she brings a hand to her head and feels around her face, ice cold but warming up in the air of the car.

"What... what happened?" She asks. Her voice is thick with sleep, like a low bell ringing. Her eyes have trouble adjusting for a few more minutes and it isn't until then that she sees Jasmine and Lee on either side of her. They stay on the seats and sit forward to ogle at her just as the other three do. Jasmine holds Loki, who's also somewhat watchful of Evelyn's movements as he pads at Jasmine's black tights that run down her legs.

"How do you feel?" George asks her softly. It almost startles her. She's never heard his voice so dry, almost scared.

He'd sat there the entire time she was unconscious and tapped his toes against the carpet nervously. He didn't take his eyes off her

Evelyn pulls herself up, Nell keeping just behind her in case her strength gives out, and turns herself a little. Nell's delicate face is the most worrisome of them all, looking at Evelyn like she just about died.

What the hell happened? The last I remember is the train stopping... there was something outside—

The dementors.

"Miss Wyre," the man speaks, "can you tell me where you are? Where you're going?"

She whips her head, a dull ache pounding at her temples as she does so, to look at him in confusion. "I'm on the train, to Hogwarts..."

He nods, eyeing her just as she eyes him. He's a thin faced man with brown hair and a hint of a mustache. His shoulders hold the brown overcoat of his suit like a hanger. He looks at her with the same worry as the others, though she doesn't even know who he is. All she can gather is that there's something familiar about his presence that isn't quite pin-able.

"Okay, I was just making sure..." he hands George a small square of foil. "Give this to her in a few minutes," he instructs, "should be just fine."

Evelyn looks at the man blankly for a long moment. He nods at her, gifting a dainty smile as he leaves across the train's hall to where Harry is eating out of a foil similar to the one George was given. Hermione and Ron watch Harry carefully, Hermione speaking quietly to the man as he sits back in their car.