Prologue

Delilah Forbes is a lot like her twin sister Caroline, despite still being human, she's very sweet and soft spoken unless you talk bad about her family like a true hufflepuff, always willing to lend a hand and help anyone in need and unfortunately her big heart almost broke her. Klaus Mikaelson was the big bad wolf to everyone but Delilah for she saw what the world didn't. She saw the scared abused boy he was trying to hide. She also didn't treat him differently than she would anyone else. Eventually they fell in love, a fact that nobody, especially her best friend Damon, was happy about but she was happy. That was until one night she went to see him and caught him cheating on her with the very same wolf Tyler cheated on her twin sister with. Devastated, she went straight to her best friend and he welcomed her with open arms. See Damon never loved Elena that was all Stefan, he did love Katherine or he thought he did until he met the sweetest little blonde human who never judged him on his actions or tried to change him, but accepted him completely. While it killed him watching the girl he was in love with love another man, he was still there for her anyway he could and when she showed up that night with tears pouring down her face telling him what happened, he wanted to ring that hybrids neck for all eternity. Getting over Klaus was a painful process even with Damon and Caroline helping every step of the way until a miracle happened, she was grocery shopping, because as much as Caroline loved shopping for clothes she loathed grocery shopping, when she fainted and woke up in the hospital. That's when she found out she was three months pregnant. Everyone was in shock because vampires can't procreate but Bonnie theorized that Klaus isn't one hundred percent vampire and it most likely due to his werewolf side that he can have children, that theory was proven correct when they heard through the grapevine that Klaus also got Hayley pregnant, which admittedly stung but she had a great support system as everyone was supportive of her keeping the child, no matter who the father is. Bonnie was the one who helped her through labor, as they couldn't go to the hospital, because doctors aren't really equipped to handle a tribrid baby, but as hard as Bonnie tried Delilahs human body was failing. Before it was too late Caroline fed her twin sister her blood before she died. Delilah took to being a vampire beautifully, most likely due to her family keeping her grounded and of a clear mind so she never really had a problem with her blood lust. She never fully realized her feelings for Damon Salvatore until she saw him hold her baby girl for the first time. The first time she told him she loved him was four months after Olivia was born and they had been together ever since. When Olivia was born Bonnie put a simple but effective lock on her magic, just until they thought she was ready and old enough to safely have it, so they never had to deal with Dahlia. The only Mikaelson that she told of the existence of Olivia to was one that, quiet frankly she thought was dead until he showed up at her door, he was completely ecstatic that he had another niece and kept in contact with her as much as he could. He didn't tell the rest of his family because honestly, they didn't deserve it for abandoning her. Now sixteen years later and running a supernatural boarding school out of their home with her twin, Stefan, and Alaric they were happy and peaceful, until Alaric got a call.