Chapter 1

"What's all the hubbub Ric? I could be having 30 extra minutes of naked time with my fiancé

"What's all the hubbub Ric? I could be having 30 extra minutes of naked time with my fiancé." Damon says unnecessarily loud, as he walks into Alaric's office like he owns the place, which technically he does, as it is his house. 

"Ew dad! You do know that's my mother you are talking about right?" Olivia says with a disgusted grimace but there is amusement in her eyes that tells everyone she's not actually upset, he's been there since the day she was born and she is completely aware that if her aunt Bonnie hadn't put a permanent silencing spell on their room, the whole school would be scarred for their life or more accurately undead life. 

"Oh I'm aware of that liv, I was there for you're birth and I also frequently visit the place you came out of." Damon reply's with a smirk. Olivia goes to reply but is interrupted before the father daughter duo can rehash that age old argument.

"Okay! That's not something we should discuss in the presence of company, or at all, so what did you need Ric it sounded important?" Delilah cuts in and brings the focus back to Ric, who has had a look of great amusement on his face since the family of three came in, until he remembers the reason he called them and his face drops, everyone in the room tenses at his look, knowing whatever that problem is they aren't going to like it. He sighs and runs his hand down his face before saying, "I got a call from a family wanting to enroll their daughter."  

"Okay? You do know that's you job right? You should get a couple of those a day." Damon jokes but it falls flat as he sounds weary and stands closer to this fiancé and daughter.

After a short and tense silence Delilah pulls her daughter under one of her arms and grabs Damon's hand with the other before quietly asking, "What family Ric?" 

"The Mikaelson's"

With Ric's declaration all three of them pale. Damon is the first to break the silence as his face hardens while saying, "Thanks for the heads up Ric. Could yo-"

"I already have subs for the both of you and told liv's teachers she won't be attending classes today. Go take care of your family Damon." Alaric says with a look of understanding.

Damon gives him a tense nod before leading his two favorite girls up to their room. When they arrive Delilah and Olivia sit on the bed with Olivia in her mother's arms, while Damon paces.

"He's not my dad." Olivia says quietly after a few minutes of complete silence besides Damon's footsteps.

Damon pulls up short in his pacing, his face unreadable. Delilah looks down at her daughter in confusion. "Who's not your dad sweetie?"

"Niklaus Mikaelson is not my dad. He may be my biological father, but he is not my dad. He wasn't there for my birthday's or taught me how to ride a bike or was there to read me bedtime stories, but someone else was." She looks into Damon's eyes before continuing with a deadly serious and stubborn look on her face, that she ironically got from her biological father. "My dad is Damon Salvatore and I love him, Klaus Mikaelson is just a stranger I share DNA with that cheated on my beautiful, loving mother.

Still with a blank look on his face he kneels down in front of her before he breaks with tears in his eyes, he kisses her forehead and quietly says, "I love you too kiddo"

After the family of three have calmed down Olivia speaks again, "I do want to get to know my half sister though." Looking at her parents nervously like they would be angry for wanting to get to know her family.

"Of course princess we won't fault you for wanting to get to know your sister it's understandable, you know she could use a guide to show her to all of her classes." Damon hints to his daughter.

Her head perks up looking vaguely like an excited puppy, "I can do that we'll both have the same classes being tribrids." Olivia says while nodding in agreement to her own words.

"So it's settled. One of us will call you out of class when they get here and you'll go to your mothers office, now enough of the depressing subjects, we have the day off so I say movie day." Damon says a little bit happier. After the girls give their agreement, the little family change back into their pajamas and proceeds to make a blanket fort infront of the tv and watch movies all day. Later that night Delilah looks over and watches her family with love in her eyes and silently promises herself that no one would take this away from her, not even the big bad wolf himself.