Chapter 2

"Oh that's just unbelievable! The nerve of them! The absolute gall oh if I had a white oak stake I'd-"

"It's okay Caroline calm down before you have a stroke! I'm not much happier than you are, but there's nothing we can do and I'm not going to punish Hope by dismissing her admission for the crimes of her father." Delilah tells her sister calmly. After talking with Damon and Olivia the night before, she called her twin sister the next morning. She hated to bother her and Stefan on their anniversary cruise but knew Caroline would have a fit if she didn't tell her.

"I know but it isn't fair! You've been through enough as it is. I was tempted to compel the captain and have them drop us off at the next port, but Stefan wouldn't let me since there is only two days left anyway." Delilah can actually hear her sister pout through the phone. 

"Stefan's right enjoy the rest of your anniversary and I'll see you in three days. I love you care." Delilah ends with a small smile.

"I love you too lilah, I'll see you soon little sister." Caroline says with an equally soft smile.

"You are only older by six min-" Delilah gets cut off buy Caroline hanging up. As she goes to put her phone down she gets another call. When she answers she gets cut off before she can even say anything.

"Now before you go shouting at me in my defense I just found out. I just had got back from visiting a coven in France with Davina when Nik told me, he even had someone pack our stuff. Admittedly it was worth it to see the aneurysm she gave him though." Kol defends.

"I know and I wasn't going to yell at you." She pauses before continuing, "I was going to have your wife do it."

"Trying to get me in trouble with the missus love? That's not very nice. I'm so proud." Kol finally gets what me set out to do, which was make her laugh softy.

"On a serious note how are you and my dear niece doing?" Kol asks uncharacteristically serious.

Delilah sighs before answering, "As well as we can be I suppose." She runs her hand over her mouth before continuing, "She says that Damon is her dad and Klaus is just someone she shares DNA with, which I can't blame her, we've always been completely honest with her and let her make her own opinions of him. She is however open minded about Hope and will be civil if not friendly with her because she is her half sister." 

"I honestly think they will get along well. They are both good kids, despite who their father is, and have the same dry, sarcastic humor." Kol tells her honestly.

"Good I know she's always wanted what Caroline and I have and I am honestly optimistic she can have that with Hope."

"We are about to leave so I better get off before they get suspicious but I had to see if you are alright. But one more thing before I go." Kol pauses

She waits for him to talk again, when it seems he isn't going to continue she asks, "What is it?"

"Give em' hell love." Kol says playfully before ending the call.

Delilah looks at her phone screen and smiles softly at the picture of Olivia, Damon and her making silly faces before getting up to go to her first class of the day, having already said goodbye to Damon and Olivia earlier. The day is the same as every other day and when she gets to their room in the school after finishing her classes she greets her fiancé and daughter before eating together and all of them going to bed early knowing they will need their sleep for the emotional day tomorrow will no doubt be.

(Happy New Year!) (There will be no Hope bashing in this story

(Happy New Year!)
(There will be no Hope bashing in this story. It's honestly not her fault. Idk why everyone gets mad at her. But not in this story!)