Chapter 6

The Friday morning had been peaceful for Delilah

The Friday morning had been peaceful for Delilah. She had a nice breakfast with Damon and Olivia before getting Hope's paperwork situated ready for her to start on Monday and has made an impressive dent in the mountain of paper work she has to get done, while waiting to go pick up her sister and brother in law from the airport in the next forty five minutes with Damon. She's interrupted by a knock on her door when she absentmindedly tells the person to come in, the door opens and she immediately wishes she paid more attention when Klaus comes in and sits down in the seat infront of her desk, looking as sheepish as she's ever seen him before he goes seemingly back to normal.

"Hello, love." Klaus says with a charming smile that, had it been seventeen years before would have made her heart skip, now it makes her want to punch him.

"What is it Klaus, I'm busy." Delilah gives him her full attention for the moment, if not just to get him to leave faster.

Klaus's smile falters for a second before coming back full force. "I thought we should talk about us."

"Your delusional." Delilah deadpans before continuing. "There is no us Klaus and there never will be again. You gave me a beautiful daughter that I will always treasure but you cheated on me and now I'm engaged to Damon and love him."

"Ah yes Damon Salvatore the best friend, I always knew he was trying to steal you from me. So how long did you wait to bed him hm?" Klaus asks with a cruel smirk. 

Delilah laughed humorlessly before answering, "Funny how you have the gall to ask me that when you didn't even break up with me before having sex with someone else. And not that it's any of your business but Damon and I didn't get together until after Olivia was born. Now if you're done making an ass of yourself I'm busy so there's the door." she finishes by waving in the doors direction in clear dismissal.

"Actually I'm not done. What about Olivia are you just going to keep her away from her father?" Klaus says with a frown.

"It's Olivia's choice. I'm not going to force her to get to know you. I've never kept the truth from her or tried to sway her to hate you. Your actions over the past 1000 years is what she based her opinion on." Delilah tells him bluntly.

He flinched but before anymore can be said the door opens but this time Damon walks in with a smile on his face, until he sees Klaus and it drops to a scowl. Deciding to just ignore him he walks around her desk and gives her a quick peck before saying, "Come on Lilah we have to pick up Hero Hair and Vampire Barbie from the airport."

Forgetting about Klaus for a moment Delilah looks at him amused before asking, "You're aware that's our siblings you're talking about right?"

"Of course! I knew Stefan when he still human and had sidekick hair." Damon smirks. That gets a laugh out of Delilah and Damon smiles at her adoringly, he's always thought she had the most beautiful laugh.