Chapter 7

(Extra Long Chapter You're Welcome 😉 )

After an uneventful Saturday with both families staying in the Forbes twins decide that they need a girls day which also meant Damon and Stefan get a uncle/dad day with the girls

"Okay, I'm gonna head out are you sure you're gonna be okay? I can cancel, Caroline would understand." Delilah looks at Damon and Olivia worriedly.

Damon rolls his eyes at his worry wart fiancé, "We'll be fine! We're going to meet up with Stefan and the twins before lunch and make a day of it. You know Stef won't let us get into trouble, he's a stick in the mud like that." 

"Yeah mom go, have fun and relax you deserve it." Olivia adds smiling.

"Okay! Okay fine just call me if you need me." Delilah says before giving Damon a quick peck and Olivia a kiss on the forehead before leaving.

"So it's just you and me kiddo." Damon says solemnly looking at Olivia.

"Yeah." She nods looking just as solemn but then perks up, "So pancakes!"

Damon puts his hand over his heart acting hurt, "Of course! What else would we eat?"

As Damon starts cooking Olivia asks, "You know with how many times you've made pancakes over the years you'd wonder if you can actually make anything else?"

"Of course I can! I'm Italian, I'm pretty sure there's spaghetti sauce mixed into my DNA." Damon jokes.

"Sure whatever you say. I'm going to go change, I'll be right back." Olivia says before going to her room and Damon nods that he heard her.

As Damon is putting the last face on the pancakes when Olivia comes back into the kitchen fully dressed.

"Are the vampcakes done yet?" Olivia asks while Damon holds back a smile. Olivia came up with the name Vampcakes when she was four and it stuck.

"Yeah have as many as you want while I go change, I'll eat when I get back and afterwards we watch a few movies before we and join uncle Stefan and the girls for lunch. Olivia nods while putting maple syrup on her vampcakes. When he gets back they eat in comfortable silence enjoying breakfast. After they finish they put their dirty dishes in the drain to wash later. The father daughter duo settle on the couch and watching a few vampire movies as comedy's, laughing at all the things they got wrong before Damon sees that it's time to go and meet Stefan and the twins outside. Damon and Olivia greet Stefan and the twins with hugs before heading to the grill.

As they're looking for a table Lizzie asks a question, "Hey dad you have a lot of money right?"

Stefan looks at her wearily but answers reluctantly anyway, "I suppose. Why?"

"Because you should buy a restaurant so we have more options of where to eat that's not an hour away." Lizzie says bluntly making the other girls laugh.