Scammed

The next morning, Cassie woke up with a smile on her face. She looked over at her sleeping baby as his chest was bare, the blankets touching their torsos. JJ stirred slightly and rubbed his eyes open, immediately looking down to see if Cassie was still there and she was, looking as beautiful as ever.

The sun was smiling into their room as well, pouring golden light into every crevasse it could find. The balcony doors were wide open, letting a warm breeze bless the room as the pair snuggled closer to one another. JJ kissed the top of Cassie's head as he stared at the floor, "It's amazing what a single person can do to you life." "It's incredible what a feeling can do," Cassie answered softly as JJ met her eyes, smiling.

Cassie pulled herself up to his lips, placing a short but loving kiss on his lips which tried to pull her in for more. He groaned as she got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. He put his arms out like a baby as he dragged out his words, "Come backkkkk, Cassie."

She giggled and gave him a look as she brushed her hair in the mirror and washing her face. She then walked back over to the bed as JJ pulled her in and flipped them quickly, having JJ hold himself above her. His hair was messy but perfect at the same time as he leaned in, giving a lingering kiss. He drew out every touch as Cassie found it harder and harder to pull away from him. He was perfect.

But she found her will and put her hand on his chest, "We have to get ready. After all, today is gold day." He grinned and kissed her cheek, getting off of her and pulled her up. She stretched as JJ kissed the top of her head, "I'm getting in the shower."

As he closed the door, Cassie ran downstairs, grabbing a cup of coffee and a large bowl of yogurt, granola, and an assortment of fruit that had always been the favorite to share between the two.

Cassie walked back upstairs and sat on the balcony, eating some of the yogurt and standing up to look out on the water with her hot coffee. She heard the bathroom door open and then feel JJ's bare chest touch hers, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind. She leaned into him as they both looked out on the water. "I love you," JJ said as he didn't move his gaze. Cassie turned her head to meet his cheek, inches away from him. "I love you."

For a few minutes, it was like they were the only people in the entire world and the only thing that mattered was having a relaxed morning with one another, just like they had always imagined. But Cassie snapped out first and turned around, placing her half full cup in his hands, "Eat, get ready, and we have some gold to go find."

JJ smiled and watched her as she walked into the closet. He sat down, finally feeling complete, eating breakfast on a beautiful balcony with a beautiful girl.

Cassie roamed her closet, finally picking out an adequate outfit and putting it on, accessorizing and taking a deep breathe, pinching herself in the wrist. And to her delight, her fantasy was real.

When the two were finally ready, Cassie tossed the keys to JJ who caught them gracefully and opened the door for Cassie, making her giggle as he ran to the driver's seat. The roof was open as JJ laced one hand with hers as she stood up and put the free hand up, turning up the radio and singing the lyrics together. Everything was perfect.

~~~

From far away, in the humid Pogue van, JJ looked hot. Cassie and the girls were sitting and looking at the small drawing Pope had sketched out to demonstrate what the gold excavation was going to look like. Kie held the map, "He said it looked something like this. That's 50 feet down, and they're using 100-feet rope. So I guess this little wagon will go..." The girls laughed together, "...straight to the gold room." 

"Who drew this?" Sarah giggled as Cassie laughed. "Who do you think?"

The girls all looked up to see Pope staring back as Cassie secretly rolled her eyes, Pope was head over heels. JJ had walked over to the boys, noticing the looks of the girls and sent a wink towards Cassie who shyly smiled back. After a few moments, JJ walked over and threw the three plates of gold into the bottom of the van. He leaned against the side, taking his hat and placing it on Cassie's head, "Kie! This better work. We can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it."