Love

"Hey, can we talk?" JJ's voice was heard from the bedroom as Cassie dried her hair from the shower. She was looking at the reflection of JJ, who was looking through her closet. She was dressed in a simple crop and some sweat shorts that were slightly wet from the residue of the shower water. She washed and dried her face, turning around slowly. She gave him a look as he didn't smile back, which she found very strange.

Cassie opened her drawer of jewelry and placed her  rings and necklaces before heading to bed. Since they had been out so late, Cassie had reached out and pulled JJ to stay at her house. How could he say no?

She turned around from looking through the mirror to see him leaning on one of the bedroom walls. "Yeah, what's up?" she asked, walking over to him. His arms were crossed and his face was serious. "You could've gotten hurt today."

She scoffed, "You could have too." "You know it's different. You were in an axe murder's house while she tried to impale you with a fire poker. And then she tried to shoot at you with a shotgun."

"She's blind, JJ." In her head, she was starting to get frustrated and she wasn't used to feeling that in front of him. She couldn't help but feel bitter about him being so caring all of a sudden.

She went back into the bathroom where he followed her, staying in the doorway as she put all her products away. She slammed multiple drawers before JJ got the hint. "What, Cassie." 

She turned with her eyebrow, "What do you mean, what?" Her tone was irritated and snappish as he chose a softer tone to respond with. 

"Tell me what you're feeling. Why do you always bottle it all up?"

She looked at him with a glare. "It's for self preservation and actually, it has worked out well so far. I am independent Cassandra that doesn't need your help anymore because then you go and you fuck a Touron. I won't be your second best anymore, and I won't take your bullshit sympathy after I have pined after you for years. I want you to stop pretending that you care and stop having so many fucking mood swings. It's exhausting loving you and never, ever being your first choice. And you know what?" She paused and scoffed, "I'm done with this." 

"You love me?" 

Cassie rolled her eyes and quickly walked out of her room and down to the living room, avoiding his smirk and those lazy and beautiful green eyes that she could feel piercing her back. 

"Of course that is all you interpret," she mumbled. 

With his large frame, he quickly caught up to her, grabbing her wrist and spinning her around to meet him. He looked down at her shorter frame, locking onto those eyes that stared up at him with seductive rage and bored irritation. 

However, all she could focus on was his smile that played on his lips in almost a taunting manner. He didn't speak. 

"What," she snapped. 

"Oh, Cassie, you sweet and stupid girl," he chuckled. 

"What-" she was startled at his intrusion of her angry words but was pleasantly surprised at what had shut her up. 

His lips were exactly what she was expecting. They were soft and gentle, but nonetheless they conveyed exactly what he wanted with a firm press to her own. 

So this is what it felt like, huh?

His lips tasted like strawberry chapstick and holy shit, he was a good kisser. 

Cassie found herself quite annoyed that he was so good, but addiction quickly overcome her. Kissing him was completely and utterly addictive. She wanted to pull away, she wanted to pull away and smack him and call him an asshole and push him.