To Going Full Kook

Cassie shrieked in joy when Kiara came out with John B. She screamed, "Party time!" Making her friends whoop in joy. Some time later, they were still driving in the van, with darkness now swarming the environment. "You mind if I just relax on this one? It's been a long day, and a lot of weird stuff's gone down. I'm just gonna lay low," JJ said, waving around his cigarette.

He offered it to Pope, "Oh, did you want a hit of this?" Pope gave a disgusted face and put his hand up to block the drug. Cassie gave JJ a Really? face while Pope answered, "I keep the signal clear." "Dude, okay. Do you understand that your problem is that you don't get creative? If you got creative, then--"

John B interrupted JJ, "Look, I know I was wrong about the lighthouse, all right? And wrong about everything else going on. But I was right about one thing. My dad is trying to tell me something."

A few moments later, he pulled over and parked the van. The Pogues, not including John B, gave looks at one another, not sure whether to go against him. JJ pushed Cassie in front of him, who was holding a flashlight. The only light they had were flashlights and were the only things for the the Pogues to help them see. John B hurried them as Kie looked around, "This place is scary. John B, what are we doing?"

"Shut up. You know how you're trying to remember a song and can't remember who sings it?"

Cassie answered John B, "Yeah?"

"So, Redfield. This whole time, I thought it was a place, right? But it's not a place. It's a person." Cassie didn't think it was the best analogy but she was surprised to see that John B was right. He lifted his lantern to a large name plate, with the word Redfield ingraved. "Voi-effing-là," JJ commented as John B went on. "See, my great-great-grandmother Olivia Redfield. That was her maiden name."

John B looked over, "Help me with the door. Come on." Pope shrugged and walked over, Cassie and Kie holding the lights so they could see. They counted off and they listened to the sounds of the stone moving. JJ eventually joined in as Pope groaned, "This door is like 700 pounds. It's not gonna budge." "We didn't come this far to get this far, all right? We got this," JJ said as they kept pushing. From out of the small crack they were able to make, a snake slithered out, scaring all the Pogues. JJ jumped in front of Cassie, as all of them moved away. He made sure Cassie was safe before stepping forward, "That's a moccasin, all right. Ye olde Dr. Cottonmouth. Death in tall grass." He then started to bark at the snake, who was almost out of sight as Cassie put a hand on his back, "JJ, please shut up. Shut up!"

He stopped and looked around. Pope gave him a look, "You're gonna wake the dead, man."

JJ shrugged "They're afraid of dogs. Everyone knows that, man. Wait, hold on." He pushed Cassie back for safety as Kie and John B both said, "What?" "If there's one, there's probably dozens. All around." He started to bark again before John B shut him up, "Stop barking at the snakes."

JJ shrugged again, "Just making sure it's clear."

Pope shushed them all, "Look we're not gonna get in there, all right? It's not budging. We should probably just go."

Cassie looked at it with her flashlight before blurting out, "I can get through." "What?" JJ exclaimed. John B shook his head, "No, no, no, no. You think you're gonna fit through the hole? That hole?"

She nodded as JJ looked at her, "There could be snakes, Cass. You could get stuck or hurt, there are too many variables." He started to ramble on about what could happen as she put her small hand on his chest, making him stop. She took a deep breathe, "I will be fine JJ," she turned to John B, "Look, this is not only about your dad. It's about you and I'm not really sure what we're following is going to lead to anything, but you deserve to know the truth. So I'll do it."