Chapter 6 || Misanthrope

Follow me on Instagram: @brookitoz

make sure you vote! it makes me smile <3 <3

————

"Faster... faster." My breathing starts to increase as adrenaline rushes through my body. Fuck, this feels so good! But holy hell, it hurts so bad. "Okay, slow down!"

I begin to slow down on my jumping jacks. It's been nearly two weeks and I just got out of my cast yesterday. My ribs feel better too! I feel like I can do anything! I can conquer the world!

But I haven't been active for more than a month and feel like shit. Goddammit. But you know what? All this working out has made me hungry and I think I deserve a milkshake. Wiping the sweat off my forehead and catching my breath, I exit my really large bedroom that I totally don't deserve.

I walk down the staircase this time instead of taking the elevator like last time. Gotta burn some calories when I can, right? Goodness me, why is walking down the staircase so tiring?

I make a mental note to look out for drugs in the kitchen as I browse through the refrigerator, looking for things to put in my milkshake. I grab the milk and pour it into the blender.

Ew, strawberries. Ah! Apples. They're my literal favorite fruit in the world, I just can't get enough of them, but they most certainly don't do well in a milkshake. But who said this milkshake has to be healthy?

I look around for chocolate. Anna seems like the type of person to be high on chocolate all the time, so there must be some around. Ooh! Found it! I toss a bar into the blender and start to blend them together.

Just as I'm pouring the milkshake into a glass, I notice Adrian, Anna and Blake all moving towards the front door. "You suspect everyone. You can't suspect her too!"

"I can and I will. I know she's disloyal."

"Then just let her go." At this point, I'm totally hooked into the conversation that I have to join then.

"Where are you guys going?"

"You shouldn't ask that, or it's bad luck," Blake points out. Anna is patting his ass the entire time. Why am I so single?

"Where are you guys coming home from?" I rephrase my question.

"Adrian has a personal issue he needs to sort out. Wanna come with?"

"No!" Adrian shouts.

"Yes!" I shout at the same time. I look over at Anna who nods approvingly. Adrian grumbles a few curse words under his breath that he thinks I didn't hear, but I did hear, but I'm not going to say what he said, because it's very inappropriate and I'm trying to keep this rated R.

That means what he said was super inappropriate.

"She's not coming."

"Yes, I am."

"You have no business there."

"I could pee there. Then I'd have done some business."

"Anna. Why did we have to keep this crackhead in my house?"

"It's not a house, it's a fucking palace," I tell him.

"I told you to let her go," Anna gives him that 'I told you so' look.

"It's not like I'll tell the po-po," I give him puppy eyes, but I probably look like a zombie because of all the sleepless nights. These damn nightmares won't leave me alone, will they?

"I'm not taking any risks with the po-po... I mean police!" He shoots back.

"Then in that case, I'm coming with you. If I'm stuck here until death, I might as well do something fun with you all."