Chapter 38 || Mocking

follow me on instagram: @brookitoz

make sure you vote! ♥️

————

Adrian-

I yawned groggily as someone opened the curtains in the bedroom. Damn! Leave me alone. "I'm going to hell, Adrian. Need anything?" I hear Blake's voice rumble through my bedroom.

"A few torture devices. And a recommendation letter for heaven," I grumble, rubbing my eyes sleepily. "Close the curtains."

"Get off the floor and I will. I need to tell you something."

I toss off my blanket, and get off the floor, glaring at Blake. "What do you need?"

"You know the number that you asked me to track?"

I feel my mood darken. "Yeah?"

"I tracked it. But I can't track it after they called you. The number doesn't exist anymore. But before they got rid of it, they had called Kaden too. They told him the same thing they told you. I think that's why he sent reinforcements."

"That doesn't make shit sense. Why would Kaden be concerned for me?"

"Don't get too creative. Him and Bailey are good friends. He sent them for her," Blake scoffs. Okay, that makes a little more sense.

"But... there was no attack that day. Who'd give us empty threats like that?"

Blake groans. "Am I the only smart one here? They called both Kaden and you for a reason. Both of you have something in common. You care for Bailey. And that day, they wanted to test that theory out. When they threatened both of you, you both were worried about Bailey. She's the only one apart from Dylan that is friends with both of the most powerful gangs in the country. And she's more than friends with you," He explains.

"That makes her valuable. Like they say, two birds with one stone."

"Are you trying to tell me that Bailey is in danger?"

"Well, technically yes. But I'm also asking you to focus on the third group of people that have their eyes on us."

"I want our men following her wherever she goes," I declare. "Tap her phone, I want to know where she is at all times. Blake, shit. I need to protect her."

"Calm the fuck down. I've found something else. The person behind all this is a woman. That makes half the population invalid."

"I hate thinking this early in the morning. I need food. But can you send men over to protect Bailey? Tap her phone if you can."

"Um! Excuse me? I'm not your manservant, I'm your second-in-command! And your best friend!"

"Blake," I turn to him, and look at him intimately in the eye. "I'm so glad I met you in my life. Without you, I don't know what I'd have done." The key to getting Blake to do what you want him to do is to flatter him. "You're such an awesome person."

He smiles cockily, flexing his muscles. "Well, yeah. Okay, I guess I can help you out."

"I knew I was best friends with you for a reason."

"Of course, lowly peasant. Now get the fuck out and eat breakfast." He pushes me out of my bedroom. I roll my eyes before stopping by my bathroom and brushing my teeth and splashing some cold water onto my face. When I'm done, I linger over to the kitchen.

I begin to make myself a protein shake and a sandwich. If Bailey were here, she wouldn't like me putting meat into my sandwich, but she's the only vegetarian around here. And now that she's not here, I toss some meat into my sandwich and take a bite.

I gulp down my shake, and finish my sandwich in the matter of seconds. I should start working out again. My wrist is all better anyway. I recall how Bailey used to tell me not to carry her around while... kissing, because my wrist was still hurting, but that didn't stop me.

I missed her... I flip out my phone and click on the contact with the heart emoji and kiss emoji. I begin to FaceTime her. She picks up, and rubs her eyes tiredly. "Did I wake you up? I can call you later if you want."

"No, I was already awake. What's up, Addy-Baddy?" My heart did a stupid little flip when she called me by that nickname.

"I missed you."

"You should have spent the night with me then," She scolds. "I need to go home or I won't be able to stop myself from fucking you," She mocks me with a low voice. "My name is Adrian and I'm horny all the time."

"Look who's talking," I retort. She's always horny. "And I don't even sound like that."

"Ha, you sound exactly like that."

Oh, she was really going to do it right now, was she? "My name is Bailey, and I'd rather work than spend time with my boyfriend," I mock in a high pitched tone.

"I'm Adrian, and I'm a dork because I love strawberries," She mocks back.

"I'm Bailey, and I have no taste in flavors because strawberry is the most amazing flavor and I don't realize that."

"I'm Adrian, and I'm horrible at mimicking my girlfriend's voice."

"I'm Bailey, and I mistake cocaine for sugar."

"I'm Adrian, and I stash cocaine in my kitchen."

"I'm Bailey, and I have a weird kink of licking sugar and anything sweet of Adrian's lips."

"I'm Adrian and I have a tiny pee pee."

"I'm Bailey, and I know that it's not true because I've seen it with my own eyes."

"I'm Adrian and I have magnifying glasses for eyes because I see things larger than they actually are."

"I'm Bailey, and I was ready to beg Adrian to let me give him a blowjob yesterday until Karen next door became a major turn-off."

"I'm Adrian, and now I'm going to stop exposing Bailey while Blake is standing right behind me."

"I didn't hear nothin'!" Blake grins from behind me. "Don't mind me, just third wheeling here."

"I'm Blake and I don't understand the idea of privacy," I mock him, trying my best to sound like a moron. Blake's jaw drops, before he throws a glass of water on me.

It's ice fucking cold! "Blake!" I shout, backing away from him. I was now dripping wet and I was shirtless, so it was more cold. I grab my own glass of water and throw it on him.

He shrieks in a high-pitched tone before grabbing the water spray from the kitchen sink and spraying water all over me. "I'm coming over right now! I need to join the fun!" Bailey squeals before hanging up on me.

"Blake, stop!" I scream, running away from the water. "People are dying without water, you should stop wasting so much!" He stops spraying water at me, and walks over to me.

"Sorry, dude. But not sorry for this!" He flips me over, causing me to land on my back. Oh, it was on. I quickly scramble onto my feet, grabbing one of his legs and dragging him to the floor.

After a while, we both are lying on the ground, out of breath and a couple bruises on our faces. "My fucking knee," Blake groans from next to me. "I need ice. Go get me ice."

Usually, I'd deny him but I know how fucked up his knee is and how it hurts for him to walk at times, so I get off my back and walk over the freezer grabbing a pack of ice and toss it at him.

He sits up and places the pack on his knee. "You good, fam?" I ask him.

"Yeah, I'm good," He sighs. I nod before letting my mind wander back to Bailey. It's been half an hour already, she should be here by now. Deciding to check on her, I call her once more.

She doesn't pick up. I call her once more.

She doesn't pick up. 

————

a/n: oouuuu, i'm in global perspective right now, but like ah, had to update!! 🤓 

anyway, i liked this blake and adrian chapter :) i hope you did too!

thank you for reading ♥️ i love youu!!! ♥️