Chapter 61 || Should Be

follow me on instagram: @brookitoz

make sure you vote ♥️ and also comment. they make my day :) 

————

"We're going on a 21 hour flight... to India?!" I hiss at him, as we enter the airport. My hair was still a little wet from the water fight me and Adrian had earlier but other than that, I'm fine. "Adrian, I thought you would take me to Maldives or something!"

"That's for our honeymoon," He states coolly. Awh! He wants to marry me. BUT STILL!

"How can you be so sure I'll marry you?!" I yell, irritated because he's not irritated and that's making me irritated.

"I'm not sure you'll say yes, but I am sure I'll propose to you," He replies calmly. Awh! Fucking hell, why is life so hard? Everything is hard when I'm around him. I could always make it easy and forgive him and tell him I love him and want be back together with him.

But, no. I can't do that. He's gotta prove himself with this mini-test of mine. I'm also kind of excited to be in the airport for the first time in my life. Like, oh my god, I'll get to travel in the air!

Isn't that just really exciting?! I get to see a new country! I'm not sure how I'll feel about India though. I've never really heard much about it, and I'm kind of hoping it won't disappoint.

Then again, so many things in my life do more than disappoint so like I said before, I'm officially unshooketh at everything. If this trip goes down the drain, at least I'll still have Adrian afterwards. I mean... I hope I'll still have him.

What if he ditches me? What if he decides that he doesn't want me anymore? Or worse... what if he leaves me stranded in a random country?! "Um... Adrian. I change my mind. I forgive you."

He turns to me and gives me a confused look. "No, Bailey."

"No?"

"If you're scared that I'll leave you, then just call Anna or Blake and they'll fly you back here. Don't be scared and I know I have no right to tell you to trust me after what I did, but I hope that by the end of this trip, you will trust me. I just want you to know that I don't plan on leaving you anytime soon," He tells me, and I feel my heart simply melt for this man.

Could anyone be more perfect?!

Of course this isn't including all the illegal shit he does. It's not that I'm okay with it, but... you can't have it all. "Adrian, tell me a fun fact about you," I suggest out of the blue.

He looks at me for a second, tilting his head as if he's thinking before answering, "I was born in India."

I wheeze. I choke on air. I do a double take and everything that has to do with complete and utter shock. Just how diverse is this man?! He's of hispanic ethnicity, but was born in India and lived almost his entire life in America. Sure there are probably more diverse people out there but like... you know. All I can say is "I'm white" and that's just sad.

"That's so cool! But why were you born there?"

"I don't know. No one ever told me."

My smile slightly droops. "Oh. Do you know anyone there?"

"Yes."

"Who?"

"The man who made my mother pregnant."

I stop in my tracks and gape at him wide-eyed. "What?!"

"I'll explain when we're in the flight," He tells me, not even the slightest bit unnerved. He has a dad?! I thought he didn't have parents? Well... unless he never told anyone.