Chapter 15 || Manager

Follow me on Instagram: @brookitoz

make sure you vote!! ♥️

————

Bailey-

Who fucking did that?" He growls. Chills run down my spine as I watch him glare at me in anger. "Bailey, tell me. You don't fucking fall on walls."

"Turns out I do," I lie, and manage to grin mischievously. But it's okay, she got kicked out anyway. Too bad he didn't get fired.

"Bailey..." He starts, his thumb grazing my bruise. I wince slightly and he instantly moves his thumb away. "Who hurt you?" His voice reduces to a soft murmur. His green eyes dilate as he watches me. "Please, tell me."

Fuck, I can't say no this face. But if I tell him, I don't know what he'll do. He kills people for a living! His fingers trail my jaw, and he pulls me closer to him. My heart skips a beat as I look straight into his intense green eyes. How is he capable of making me feel so many emotions at once?

"I have to work," I mumble.

"You don't have to do anything until I know who hurt you."

"I don't have to tell you anything," I growl. "It's not like you haven't hurt me. I was in bed for weeks after you shattered my ribs again." He winces, and I instantly feel bad. "I'm sorry..."

"No, you're right. I was shit to you, and I feel horrible. But you shouldn't keep things like this to yourself. Concealing hurt only hurts you more."

"I don't know how to tell you."

"I know how to listen."

"My manager..." I start. I'm happy he hasn't jumped to conclusions already. "He... well..." I mumble. "He grabbed me."

"What?" He breathes, he eyes instantly darkening.

"I was standing right there..." I point to a corner. I remember putting books away, when he came over. "I had just hung up on you. He walked over to me, and he was really close... And then he touched me."

Adrian's fists and jaws clench, and he looks terrifying. I have half a mind to stop talking, but I need to tell him. "He touched my breast, and grabbed my ass. He said he would give me a raise if I... went to bed with him. I think it was his girlfriend that came around just then. She thought he was cheating on her with me. She punched me." I keep looking down at my hands while I narrate the story to him, because quite frankly, I don't want to see his face right now.

"She was escorted out the store. He backed off. I don't want him charged... or anything. I just wanna forget about it," I tell him. I don't want unnecessary drama. It's fine, I'm fine.

"Fuck," Adrian grumbles, pulling me into a warm hug. My face presses into my chest, and I melt into the hug almost instantly. "I'm so damn sorry."

"Please don't do anything to worsen it." Fuck! What if Adrian shoots him? No. He doesn't care about me that much, there's nothing to worry about. Yeah, there's nothing to worry about. It's okay.

"I won't worsen it, I promise."

A flood of relief rushes through my body as I hug him harder. "Thank you."

"Get to work," My manager growls. Clearly the incident earlier had darkened his mood. I push away from Adrian's hug who scowls. "I ain't paying you to sleep around."

Funny. He offered me money to sleep with him. Hypocrite. I resist the urge to flip a middle finger at him and continue pushing the cart around, placing books where they belong.