Chapter 72 || Monster

make sure you vote!!!! ♥️

TRIGGER WARNING: blood, violence. 

————

Adrian-

The minute Bailey (who was holding Giraffe) and I walk out of the double doors of the airport, we're tackled by Anna, who for the first time, is here without Blake. "Oh my fucking god, you guys were gone for years!" She hugs the living daylights out of both of us before glaring at me.

"You wanna know what happened when you were galloping around in India? There's a fucking spy. Kaden, Blake and I have been working our asses of trying to find who and some of our trusty men have been at it as well, and we've found nothing!"

"Let's not talk about this out here..." I tell her. She huffs slightly before nodding.

"I got you your car, by the way," She tells me and I nod. A spy? That can't be fucking good, especially with Kaden taking over, and Atty getting ready to leave the hospital. Not to mention that I need to keep them all safe from this. Including Bailey.

"Oh my god, is that a turtle?!" Anna squeals. She squeals. That's when you know something is wrong.

"It's actually a tortoise," Bailey replies. "His name is Giraffe! He's so cute!" Anna reaches out with her finger and scratches Giraffe below his neck, causing him to slightly tilt his head.

I have to admit, he is adorable.

I place our bags into the trunk of the car, before getting into the driver seat. Anna takes a seat in the back while Bailey takes a seat next to me. I take a minute to breathe her in. The evening sun hit her face just right, illuminating her in the most magical way possible.

She looked like fire and suddenly I wanted her to burn me.

"We can oggle our girlfriends on our own tim. We have important things to be doing!" Anna snarls from the back. "Blake is stuck ripping a guy's teeth out and I'm here trying to get you home! Start driving!"

"Geez, what crawled up your ass and died," I mutter under my breath, silently hoping that Anna didn't hear me.

Thankfully, she didn't.

————

I roll up the sleeves of my black button up shirt, as I stride over to Blake, whose hands were covered with blood. Blake, who was crouching, stands up and gives me a glance that says 'make him talk' before heading over to wash his hands.

I crouch down on the ground, gazing into the prisoner's eyes. Blood slowly seeps out of his mouth. I glance at his fingers, which lack nails. "You know who it is," My voice rolls out like shards of ice. "Tell me the name."

Anna hands me a pair of pliers, and I twirl it around my fingers before ripping out a toenail. All I get in return is a whimper of pain as the man's eyes close. Anna brings the tip point of her heels and presses it into the man's toe that I just ripped the nail out of.

"Talk, bitch," She growls. He moans in pain as he shakes his head. Her and I exchange a look, before I rip another nail out. Anna grabs the man's hair, lifting his head up to face her. "You know his name," Her dangerous dark eyes bore into the man's. He shakes his head.

She rams her knee into the man's ribs, causing more blood to seep out of his mouth. I place my hand in front of her, stopping her. "Did Kaden have any luck?" I ask her. She shakes her head.

"He's now resorted to mental torture methods."

"Do a complete background check on him. Find out everyone he's linked to. His family, his friends, his lovers, his ex-lovers, anyone who's even breathed in his direction. I want them all here." I glance back at the prisoner. "The longer you keep silent, the more people you know that die."

I could almost hear Bailey's voice telling me that I was being a cold, heartless, monster. She was right. There was no room for emotions when it came to running a mafia. Right now, Bailey's voice was a weakness and if I listened to it, then that would make me weak.

The man's eyes flash with fear. That's exactly where I want him. Afraid. I want him afraid.

I took a seat on the couch we had added in our base. Our base looked like any other house, only... we tortured people in it. We killed people in it and dealt with other mafias in it.

Not to mention that it was so much easier to carry out bodies because this place was pretty isolated from civilization. I turned to Blake, who was nursing his knee. "You know how painful it is to crouch with a knee as bad as mine?"

"Shit, Blake. Have we tried drugging him?"

"Yes, he's high on cocaine and meth right now."

I nod, unbuttoning the top few buttons of my shirt since it was getting a little hot. I lean forward on the couch, placing one of my legs on top the other so that my ankle was resting on my knee, and resting my elbow on my knee.

About an hour later after I started talking to Blake, a few of my men walked inside with men and women cuffed behind their backs. I'm guessing they're not exactly in the mafia because they looked scared shitless.

I observe the man, who glances at one woman and then fear begins to take over his body. I stand up, grabbing a small dagger and pulling the woman in front of him. I notice a ring on her finger, and a single tear flows down her rosy face as she looks at him.

I can't... I shake away my reservations and bring the knife just below her eye. I press it slightly into her face, drawing a drop of blood. Her breath shudders, and the man closes his eyes. "Don't close your eyes," I tell him. "Because when you open them again, she might not be there."

His eyes open heavily as he looks at her with immense love. Just like I look at Bailey.

No, I can't let emotions take over. "I'll dig my knife into her throat if you don't tell me her name," I threaten, dragging the knife down her face, cutting through her skin before reaching her neck.

I could feel the pulse of her heart in her neck and it was beating furiously. More tears roll down her face and down her neck onto my dagger. "I told you to stop," She whispers to the man. "To stop this. If you love me, you'll tell him the name."

He shakes his head. "I can't. Gia, I can't. I won't."

I press my knife into her neck, and the blood begins to trickle out. Her breath hitches as she looks at the man with hurt and betrayal.

He closes his eyes again, and I see a tear roll down his cheek. I'm a monster for this. I'm killing another man's lover while I'm in love with a woman myself. I'm a fucking monster.

No. It's survival of the fittest out here.

With those words, I press my knife into her neck and slice it across, letting her drop to the ground. Her blood splatters onto my face and I close my eyes, wiping the blood off my face with my sleeve.

I open my eyes, and see Bailey laying dead on the floor. Where the woman was supposed to be.

For the first time in forever, I feel tears prick my eyes. 

————

a/n: idk what to say here in the author's note. u ever eat something really spicy and then keep eating it bc it's so good and then ur stomach starts burning? yeah that's how i feel right now

okay so basically my sister gave me 'pizza in a mug'. it was only 1 spoonful for me tho, dw and then i wanted to puke. it tasted like normal pizza, but it was smushed together... in a MUG. 

so i wanted to get rid of the after taste so i ate two pieces of chocolate and then the chocolate got too sweet in my mouth so i went to eat something spice and i'm a spice addict so i ate a lot more until like... yeah. hehe. oops 😛

anyway, i hope you liked this chapter!! what did you think of it >> 

thank you for reading! i love youuu! ♥️