A\N: I must say I am very sorry for not updating I kind of chickened out because I don't want my mom to find out about this but I think this is gonna be fun and I'm gonna take a risk and I hope she doesn't find out lol.

I love the rain. There's just something so exhilarating about the rain.

I love the way the thunder and the lightning sounds and the rain pelting against the windows. I also love the way the sun shines after it's raining and the smell of the wet rain. Some people may find the noises of this kind of weathering frightening, but I believe it's calming.

So here I lay, in my bed listening to the rain and the thunder and the way the water drips through the ceiling and drops into the bucket on the floor.

Drip. Drip. Drip. I count the drips dropping into the bucket trying to find a way to fall asleep. My mind is running a gazillion miles an hour.

Why am I sitting here at 3:45 AM? I guess some answers remain hidden, but they stay hidden for a reason. 

The best part about sitting alone in your thoughts is the silence of it all. I mean one second there could be not a single sentence running through your brain but the next second there could be a million words jumbled up at once.

There is only one thing on my mind right now and it makes me want to commit arson, but who doesn't want to commit arson I guess.

Beth Thomas my boss. Beth is the equivalent of Satan, she likes to rain hell on EVERYBODY.

She basically robbed me by taking my only source of money I have. She fired me for no reason, she probably did it for fun to be honest.

But when I tell you karma's a bitch you'll believe me. I'm not one to forget easily.

I'm fully awake now and there's only one thing I want to do. It's my favorite thing to do and i'm fully aware that it probably isn't healthy nor safe but I don't really care.

I'm gonna go for a walk, in the rain, to clear my mind.

I sigh loudly and sit up. The room is freezing and my furnace is broken so I have no heat. Although it is only mid August, my hands are freezing and my feet are ice cold even after being under the covers of my bed.

I silently walk over to my "closet" that's not even a closet and rummage through my clothes. Unfortunately all I have hanging on the metal rod in the corner of my room is a couple pairs of shorts and a t-shirt. I would be fine wearing shorts, if it wasn't raining and I wasn't freezing my ass off.

I forgot to pick up my clothes from the dry cleaners and I don't even own a pair of pajama pants, I always sleep in shorts.

I stand there debating my life choices before I slip on the shorts and a t-shirt I grabbed. I quickly brush my teeth and run a brush through my hair. I grabbed my jacket, phone, and a pack of cigarettes; a filthy habit, I know.

It's chilly here in Mullingar, obviously it's raining. I don't really care about being soaked. I think that's the fun of it, the rain, is getting soaked from head to toe.

I always end up at one place when I'm walking, the local pub.

In the short trek to the pub in the pouring rain, I looked like I jumped in a swimming pool on the way and then contracted a frost bite. I look across the street to find the roads are empty, obviously it's 4 in the morning

I finally reach the pub, sighing gratefully when I see its bright lights shining on the corner of the street. It seemed slightly crowded on the inside but I need a drink so who cares.

At the entrance there were a couple drunks sitting against the wall, one looked ready to pass out. As I walked past one of them smirked and called out, "Hey pretty lady," and did that weird whistle things guys do when they see a hot girl. 

I subconsciously found myself flipping them off as I pushed open the door.

There were more people here then I expected. There are huge crowds yelling at the TV and swarming around a table in the back. I come here often, probably the reason I have no money, alongside having a crappy job, but let me tell you I have never seen this place so clustered. Sure it's the best beer you can get here in Mullingar but usually it's quiet. Well I guess it's not quiet during happy hour which is why I come in the later hours of the night.

I sat in my usual seat at the very corner of the bar. Gary, the bartender, also my only friend I have, got me my usual; Guinness. Yeah I know it's kind of pathetic having a 55 year old man as your friend. Also kind of pathetic that I only drink one alcoholic beverage but what can I say? Guinness is the best beer of all time. At least in my opinion.

***

5 beers later and I'm as drunk as I can get. I've been sitting here about an hour drinking beer after beer. Now I'm at the state where I start to over think EVERYTHING. My mind will go on and on about all the 'what ifs' and 'why's'.

Why did I get fired? What if I didn't get fired?  What if I fired Beth? What if I was her manager? Why am I sitting here? I should be working my butt off... oh wait I already have and now I'm stuck at a bar drunk out of my mind basically broke because of have no job and spent half of my savings on beer. I could barely get by when I had a job. I blame it on myself though, I could be way more responsible with my money

While I was lost in the sea of my mind a young man, probably around my age, walked over to the counter and asked for another round. Gary just nodded and turned around.

I was silently staring at him; 1 because I'm drunk and 2 because he's actually really hot. I don't think I'd ever have a chance with him but my god this man most definitely came from heaven beyond. He was tall, he had blonde hair, but his roots were brunette, and that smile. His smile was so pleasant I couldn't help but think what it would be like to see that smile everyday and his soft bl-

"Uh what ya looking at?" The boy spoke. I widened my eyes and quickly looked down. I could tell he was staring at me now.

"I uh I was lookin at the dogs on-on the ground" It's safe to say i'm way to drunk to be talking right now.

He chuckled "Alright, umm could I maybe get ya some water?" he questioned me, an amused look crossing over his features. I was still looking down at the table, I probably looked like an idiot.

"So what are you doing here at..." He paused to look at the clock " 5 am? Jesus I didn't know it was that early. " he looked back to me. This time we made eye contact and he smiled.

"You're a quiet one aren't ya? What's your name?" He asked. Gary placed a couple of beers on the table and the boy mumbled a 'thank you'.

"I'm Graysen. Sorry I drink a had too many." I laughed awkwardly. "I just come here to clear my head so-sometimes, I come often." I started to slur my words. " What's your name? " I asked.

"I'm Niall." He held out his hand "It's nice to meet you Graysen." I took his hand and shook it. He seemed like a nice enough guy. At least he didn't seem like a serial killer or kidnapper type of dude.

I guess you never know.

"Nice to meet ya Niall." I'm actually kind of surprised that I managed to say that without screwing up. 

I'm also surprised I'm even talking to this guy, but I'm drunk, and I'm a talkative drunk.

"Do you think I could maybe get your number?" he is now sitting on the stool next to me and handing me a water bottle.

I took the water bottle and chugged it while thinking if I should associate myself with this man.

My mind is telling to say no but somewhere inside me I'm saying yes. I can't decide if I should trust Niall. He seems like a nice guy, it would be nice to have some friends besides Gary right?

"Please" Niall looked at me with the most ocean dream colored eyes I have ever seen. I can't resist him.

"Ok" I smiled lightly but on the inside I was freaking out. I'm giving my phone number to a stranger.

A\N: I hope yall like it so far. I'll be adding some recommended songs to listen to while reading soon. I'm kind of writing this as I go, I have a few ideas and plans but I'm trying to work on a good story line and what not. I apologize for any typos or mistakes. Remember to vote, comment, and follow me♥