Graysen's POV:

There is always one thing that you can't describe. Like your favorite song, you love it so much and listen to it all the time but you can't describe the feeling it gives you. However the feeling is ephemeral; it only lasts a short period of time.

For me it's the feeling of the wind through my hair, when the sky is covered in orange and pink hues. I love the way the cold breeze whisks past me while I cruise down the road on my skateboard. Again, I can't describe the feeling.

Suddenly the ding of a bell sounds as I walk into Frank's Guitar Shop, now carrying my skateboard. He never told me what time to be here so I came early, I couldn't sleep anyways.

The shop was dark except for a doorway behind the counter that was lit up, though I couldn't see inside of the room.

"Sorry we're closed!" someone yelled from the back of the shop. 

"Frank it's Graysen, remember from yesterday?" I slowly walked deeper into the shop. Hopefully he doesn't notice my knuckles or bruised jaw. I tried putting makeup on it this morning but it didn't go very well.

Just as I was going to say something again a tall man steps out from the back room. I looked at the man that emerged from the darkness, he was tall and very handsome. He had broad shoulders and wore an apron over jeans and a t-shirt.

"Um hi. I'm Graysen, I was here yesterday and Frank gave me a job here. He didn't tell me what time to come so I just thought I'd come early." I looked him up and down then landed on his eyes.

"I'm Carlos, I work here with Frank. He never told me he hired someone new." he swiftly held out his hand and me being me I flinched. I stared at his hand for a few seconds before slowly bringing my hand to meet his.

"If you want I can come back I-" I was cut off by the sound of the door dinging. I looked behind me to see Frank walking in with a brown paper bag that had grease spots on it.

"Graysen! I'm glad you're here, I brought tacos! I see you've met my grandson Carlos." he then turned his head to his grandson, "Carlos why don't go get an apron for Graysen and you can show her how to clean the guitars." Frank swatted towards the back room with his hand.

"Yes grandpa. Follow me, Graysen." Carlos said, emphasizing my name.

We quietly walked into the backroom, me still holding my skateboard. "Is there a place I can put my skateboard?" I asked.

Carlos turned to face me, "What happened to your face? Did you ride your skateboard here? Do you not have a car?" He blasted me with a bunch of questions all while shoving an apron in my face.

"Dude what are you a policeman?" I leaned my skateboard against the wall and unwrapped the apron from the crumbled ball it was in and tied it around my waist leaving the head hole thing tucked behind the pocket front of the yellowish-brownish piece of fabric.

"Answer my questions, your skateboard can stay where it is." he crossed his arms and looked at my hand with the bandage over my knuckles.

I sighed and crossed my arms, mimicking Carlos. "What makes you think I will just answer your questions? I literally just met you like 2 seconds ago" I tilted my head slightly and continued to stare straight into his eyes.

"Please answer my questions." he said more kindly than before. He turned and pulled out a chair for me while sitting in his own chair in the middle of the room filled with tools and supplies, different guitars and a small table.

I sat in the chair and watched him pick up a guitar and cleaning supplies, I'm assuming he had out before I came and interrupted him.

"I got into a fight. I did ride my skateboard here and I have a car but it was impounded." I stated quickly sliding down in my chair and crossing my arms again.