Blowing the smoke out of my mouth, I watched the night sky from the roof of my apartment building.

I've had a very stressful night. I woke up at around 2 AM when someone was trying to climb into my window, not to mention you have to climb a fucking ladder just to get to my window. He would've been better off going through the front door. Needless to say, the loser had the audacity to try and take my shit. Obviously I beat the shit out of him and told him to leave before I called the cops.

Yeah I know, I probably should've called the cops, but he looked around 17 years old and he didn't get far enough to take my stuff so I let him go. When I was younger I would've killed for a chance to beat it before someone called the cops.

Now I was sat on the roof of my apartment building smoking a cigarette, reanalyzing all the stupid things I've done in the past.

I was zoning off into space when suddenly I could feel my flip phone vibrating in my pocket. I pulled it out to be faced by an unknown number with the state the call was from. It took me by surprise to see the place I dread the most, Arkansas. When I fled the city of Pine Bluff I planned on never looking back, and know it's caught up to me again.

"Hello" I said very monotonously.

"Hi, is the Graysen Johnson" a lady with an overly high pitched voice rang through my tiny cell phone.

"Yeah this is her, who's asking." I stared at the sky, slowly taking a drag from my cigarette. I want to know why the hell someone from Arkansas is calling me at 2:30 in the goddamn morning. Although there is a major time difference between Ireland and Arkansas, so I'm assuming it's only about 8 AM there.

"This is Linda, I'm a lawyer at Arkansas State of Law and I've been taking care of an estate your mother has left in your name. I'm aware your mother has been gone for awhile and your father had taken care of the property when she died. Now that your father is... um, gone away this leaves the house in your name. Can we maybe schedule a meeting to discuss what you want to do with your property?" 

Fucking Linda.

"I no longer reside in Arkansas, for one, and for two, I left that god awful house a long time ago for a very good reason, what makes you think I would ever want to go back. Hell, basically the whole city of Pine Bluff knew why I left and It's not a small city and I'm sure it's not hard to put the pieces together. I don't want anything to do with that house so you can do what you please with it."  I cut straight to the point. I then threw my cigarette on the ground, bringing my leg down from the ledge of the building so I can put it out. 

"Ms. Johnson, I know you've had a tough time these past few years but-" I quickly cut her off.

"Listen Linda, You have no right to bring up my past and I assure you that I will NOT be coming to Arkansas to look at a house that I've wanted to burn down since the 3rd fucking grade. You're wasting my time and if you think I'm going to go out of my way to fly all the way down to Arkansas you're hittin' up the wrong person."

"Sorry,  Ms. Johnson if you no longer want the estate you're gonna have to sign some papers and usually whoever signing these papers must inspect the home before making a final decision," Linda completely ignored my behavior. God I could almost smell the overly sprayed perfume radiating off her body.

"Just get rid of the fucking house Linda," I shouted into the phone while emphasizing her name.

"Ms. Johnson, I already told you we cannot 'get rid' of the estate without you inspecting the house and signing papers first. So you can either come down to Arkansas from wherever you are and sign the papers, or you can keep the house. You have 2 months to make a decision Ms. Johnson." I could almost punch this lady right now.