Graysen's POV

"It's almost as beautiful as you."

Now we are sitting in his truck heading back to the central part of Mullingar. After he said what he said everything got awkward and I put my guard up and told him we should head back so here we are.

"Maybe we should finish our game of 20 questions?" Niall tried clearing the air, so I just went with it.

"Good idea. I wanna ask a question." I thought for a minute. "What's your favorite food?" that was a decent question. "Pizza hands down." Niall replied as he made some weird hand gesture. I chuckled. "What's yours?" Niall asked back.

"Tacos hands down." I did the same hand gesture as Niall and I laughed.  I started to think of some other questions I could possibly ask, but Niall beat me to it.

"Do you have any pets? Or had pets at least?" he asked. 

I nodded my head and began to talk when a rusted green car, going at least 100 miles an hour, zoomed past us, making Niall slam on his breaks. A second after that about 3 police cars raced past, going after the car about 15 meters ahead of them. Surprisingly the roads were fairly clear for a Saturday, allowing the police and the car to get by quickly.

For a split second before the barf green colored car passed us, I made eye contact with the driver. I don't even think you can call it eye contact, but I could see the driver's eye color. Oddly enough they had piercing blue-green eyes.  

My heart skipped a beat.

It's not him.

I pushed my thoughts to the very back of my mind. I don't want to think about him. We sat there for a few more moments then Niall spoke up. "Wow, I've never seen a car chase before." he somehow found it amusing. 

"Yeah" I choked out. Why am I so on edge now?

We started driving again but this time a little slower. "Are you ok?" Niall asked. He looked slightly concerned.

"I'm fine" I brushed it off. "So, you asked me if I have any pets right?" I remembered what he asked me before the car chase. Niall just nodded his head and mumbled a small yes.

"I have a turtle." I exclaimed. Niall smiled brightly and looked at me. "Really?" Niall asked.

"Ya, his name is Jerry." I chuckled a bit.

"Can I meet him?" Niall looked like a giddy 4 year old. I smiled in response.

"Yeah sure. He hasn't had dinner yet so... Maybe we can go back to my place. I'll let you feed him if you'd like."

What am I doing I can't bring him to my place, he could be a serial killer for all I know. The words kind of just slipped out. After I thought about it for a minute, I realized that Niall is a nice guy.

But then again people thought my dad was a nice guy.

"Yeah sure." He piped up. To late to back out now.

***

I'm full on freaking out right know.

Never in my three years living in this shitty apartment has not one person, besides me, stepped foot in my apartment. And now I'm full on letting Niall come home with me. There was something in my mind telling me to trust him so I guess I did.

Oh god. What if he's just using me? No I don't think he would do that, he's a good guy.

"So how long have you lived here?" Niall and I started walking up the steps to get to my apartment. My heart is racing and i'm trying so hard not to show how nervous I am. Why should I be nervous?

I cleared my throat "Uh... I've lived here for about three years, almost four."

"Ok. I have to ask you though, do you know who I am?" he looked at me as we reached my door.

I made a face "What do you mean?" I was confused and my heart was going five million miles an hour I swear.

There was a moment of silence where I pulled out my keys and unlocked the door slowly. As soon as the door opened fully a huge gust of freezing cold wind came rushing by.

Dammit. I do this all the time. I leave the window open because in the mornings its always stuffy in the room, so I open the window, leave it open, and come home to it being freezing cold when I go to bed. And I have no heat.

I almost forgot about the conversation I had with Niall before he spoke up again. He didn't seem phased by the coldness of my apartment.

"Well I'm like the Niall Horan." he said in his strong accent. I'm beyond confused, I don't even know what he is talking about. "I'm famous."

I snorted out a laugh. "You're famous? WOW. You're famous?" I snorted a couple of times. He just stood there with a slightly amused face. This Niall guy is extremely funny.

"Yeah I am. You've met my band mates. Harry, Liam, Louis, Zayn. Anything comes to mind?" We were standing in my kitchen/bedroom, it's basically just one big room with a fridge, microwave, extremely small island, and my bed. I don't even have a stove or oven.

"Nope." I shook my head. I have no idea what he is going on about but it's kind of funny. Famous... Pfft he's not famous.

"Ever heard of One Direction. You really have no idea who I am do ya? I'm in one of the biggest boy bands in the world... One direction." He looked at me like I was the craziest person on the entire planet. I still don't believe him. I don't know why but I just can't see him being a million, maybe even billionaire.

"I have never in my life heard of One Direction. Call me crazy but I don't listen to the latest hits or whatever you call them. So you're gonna have to prove to me that you are famous or something because I don't really believe you" I'm so confused about all of this.

"Ok first of all, I actually kind of admire you for not knowing who I am. Second of all, I will prove to you another day because while we've been having this conversation I noticed the turtle tank and I really want to see your turtle." he seemed genuinely excited to see Jerry and it was entertaining to watch him get all excited about a turtle.

I snorted and and walked over to the fridge to pull out some berries and lettuce. "You seem really eager to meet Jerry." I told him as I handed him the berries and lettuce and started walking over to Jerry's tank.

His tank is half water half land. He mostly spends time in the water but occasionally he will sit on the dry land side next to the heat lamps. I take Jerry out of his tank often. He loves to cuddle, which seems really odd for a turtle but it's really sweet. Sometimes he will try to get my attention so he can come out of the tank and 'play' with me. He also loves to take naps with me, like I said he loves to cuddle so I will take him out of his tank and we will take a nap on my bed.

When I reach his tank, Jerry is already waiting for me. He must have seen the berries and lettuce in Niall's hand. I Gently opened Jerry's tank and lifted him up, and carried him to the large space that is surrounded with his gate play pen thing so he doesn't escape somewhere.

Niall followed me to the area and sat down on the ground next to me. "Ok so you can just give him the food from your hand, or you can put it on the floor and he will eat it. The berries and lettuce are already cut up to the size he can chew so you can just start giving it to him." I said as I watched Jerry slowly make his way over to Niall.

"I've never fed a turtle before, this is exciting." Niall looked so happy it was hilarious. "His shell is very nice looking." Niall bent over a bit to give him a piece of berry while petting Jerry's shell.

Niall had the widest smile and he looked super happy. As Niall looked up I made eye contact with him and my stomach bounced. Those ocean blue eyes are something that I could stare into forever.

Forever.

A/N: I hope you guys are liking my fanfic so far! I hate using exclamation points they make me sound overly happy idk.  Thank you so much for reading this it means a lot to me and don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me.
-K