Abandon.

"If evidence confirms, you are sure this is what you want to do?"

           "I owe it to her. This is my best shot at freeing myself from his possession. He's among the strongest demons around today. Direct descendant of the ancients. Trying to exorcise or traditional methods to free myself of him would kill me too. We still have the death aura, even now that Sera lives once more. I think it narrows down to several possibilities. One, Sera dies again. Two, our child dies. Axar seen me kill him in a premonition."

          "He?"

          "Yes. Do not tell Seraphine, I don't want to ruin her surprise. I warned Axar not to spill, but I know he will. Three, is that I die. I don't want any of those outcomes. I want to see my son grow. Today, I could hear his heart beat. It made me realize that if I stay near her, this way, that he could manipulate me to kill her or the child. Today was the best day of my life. I want more." I mean it. Incubi and succubi typically do not date. We despise commitment until we find our mates, if we are fortunate to have one. We like spice, variety, promiscuity. While I enjoy these things, I've never felt contentment like Seraphine brings. I've never held just to hold, kissed just to kiss. Laid in bed without, as Sera said, fornicating. I smirk. I knew from that first day when she beckoned me to lie with her, just lie while she slept, that she was something unusual. 

          "You'll need help. Would you like me to accompany you? I would still allow her family to stay here to protect her in my absence."

          "I will have to think on this. It makes me nervous for her without you here too. I've been trying to come up with a plan, and I've got a decent one starting."

         "Care to inform me?"

         "Delighted to. Yeomorah wants us to find Ezekiel and give him to him. Ezekiel wants to sacrifice Seraphine in order to extend his life. Sera may no longer be strong enough after splitting her powers between her and Barima. What if, hear me out, what if I strike a deal with Ezekiel to come with me? I could offer to help him defeat Yeomorah and use his essence to extend his livelihood.  Ezekiel is weakened, but he is still a nephilim royal. He will have people of his own to help, I'm betting. Also he would be extremely interested to hear that his granddaughter is carrying a child that is double royalty. Incubi and nephilim royalty." Grandfather grins devilishly.

           "Devious, just like me. I like that plan. Ezekiel is egotistical, he would gain more from using Yeomorah than Seraphine, especially now that Seraphine has an impressive heir. She would be too valuable to waste. Adding Yeomorah's demise to his resume would really earn him praise. I don't see any reason he should refuse, but..." He trails off. "To add more temptation, I say we offer him Samael's head on a platter too. If anybody wants to kill Samael more than us, it would be the man he fucked over before us."

          "Great thinking. Now, perhaps we should start picking names for our little lad. I've been thinking, Nomiason has an excellent ring to it." I scoff.

         "You'd sound like his father."

         "I wouldn't oppose the title, or the mother." He leans back smugly.

         "You should find your own." I tease.

         "Yes, yours is spectacular, but I'm afraid she's too much trouble for me. Too much baggage. You also know how I hate commitment. Now her mother on the other hand, her kids are grown and would be out of my hair..." I laugh.

         "I doubt Alexavier would stay out of your hair."

         "He might. He's much more fixated on you. Oh, and I am going to warn you, should you leave me behind, that I am going to teach your little Seraphine to use her abilities. I feel much safer for my great grandson to have a mother who is capable of protecting him. She's no slouch as she is, but let's take the blinders off her. Let her reach potential. I'm interested to see what she is capable of. She did survive the salt bath ritual he threw her into, lesser cambions would have perished. To up the ante, she managed to keep her child somehow through that. She's starting to change my mind on mutts."