Ch. 25 Agreement part 2

Alec

Last night was probably one of the best nights I had in a long time. Elena had finally let me sleep in the bed with her again, and there were no nightmares or growling to ruin it this time.  Instead I woke up to her hair draped across my chest, she was snuggled into my side with her mouth slightly parted. I carefully eased out of bed and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower. 

When I got out she was gone from the room. The smell of something sweet was drifting upstairs, along with the sound of laughter. There was a knock at the door, I opened it to find Marina and Liam. 

"I was about to head downstairs. I figured I'd bring him to y'all first. I wasn't sure how eager Elena might be to see him," she said, her hands on Liam's shoulders. 

"Okay, thanks for watching him last night," I responded, smiling at Liam.

I'd barely gotten the door closed when Liam announced he was hungry.  

The first thing I noticed when I quietly entered the kitchen was how sexy Elena was. She was wearing my shirt and a pair of pajama shorts, it looked amazing on her. My wolf hummed deeply in approval. I had to stop myself from laughing when I realized she was also covered in frosting. 

I hadn't been paying any attention to the conversation because I was too focused on her beautifully bare legs. So I was a bit confused when she took some cinnamon rolls and left the kitchen. When she saw me her eyes widened with surprise and then a smile spread across her face. 

 She looked down at Liam and her smile for even bigger, "I have some cinnamon rolls, you wanna go upstairs? Or do you want to eat in the kitchen?" She asked, gesturing to the plate.

"Ummm, the kitchen momma," Liam answered. 

 "Do you mind? I have to get ready for work," she asked, meeting my eyes. 

I nodded, "Of course, you already know I've got him whenever you need."

 She smiled up at me pleased. I leaned in for a quick kiss. She blushed then took a dessert for herself and handed the plate off to me.

"Well I'm off to get ready for work. I'll be down in about 15 minutes," she said. She gave me another quick kiss on the cheek before heading upstairs humming with delight. 

I watched her prance upstairs then turned towards the kitchen with Liam. As we approached I could hear voices turn from a whisper to a slightly heated shouting. I looked down at Liam and put my finger to my lips, he looked up at me and smiled. We stood just outside the kitchen's threshold and listened to Marina chew out Declan. I heard footsteps behind me and glanced back to see Elena's dad, he put his finger to his lips just like I had done to Liam. I just smiled and shook my head. 

"I understand all that, but what if it wasn't me who was eavesdropping? What if it was your father or Alec? You know that they would have been very cross with you," Marina said to him softly, trying to reason with him.

I decided it was time to make my presence known. I met Fredrick's eye, he nodded in agreement as if he already knew my thoughts. I stepped quietly over the threshold.

"What if we did? What if we both agreed that it was time to tell her. Especially since I just marked her," I said, leaning against the doorway calmly.

Fredrick walked past me and made himself a cup of coffee. Liam followed his lead and took a seat at the bar.

"Hi grandpa, grandma, and uncle!" Liam said, happily waving. We all stood frozen in shock.

"How did you know?" Marina said in wonder.

"I don't know. I had a dream, you and grandpa were there, and my uncle. Then a really pretty lady told me that y'all were my family. She told me her name was Selene and that she was the moon goddess," Liam said. 

I frowned slightly at that. How could he have a dream of our moon goddess? Was Dalton a werewolf? That's the only explanation to him having a dream. I noticed that Declan was giving Liam a cinnamon roll. I smiled at the thought of them having a moment together. 

"Sweetie, I thought your mom was going upstairs to see you." Marina asked.

"She's getting ready for work. Liam, why would the moon goddess come to you? " I asked, as I went to the refrigerator. I grabbed the milk and poured a glass for Liam and I.

"I really don't know daddy," he said, taking a drink from his cup.

I glanced up at Marina to see if she had any insight on what was going on. She shook her head and shrugged. Our conversation ended when Elena stepped into the kitchen to tell Fredrick she was ready to head to work. When she saw everyone together she stopped in her tracks.

"Umm, is everything ok guys?" She asked, looking a little confused.

"Elena, are you going to be busy after work dear?" Marina asked.

"Ummm yeah, actually Liam and I are going to meet Alec's family. Why?"

I winced at the reminder. I wasn't looking forward to having dinner with my family and telling them about marking Elena. My parents would be pissed and I didn't wanna hear it, I was already ashamed enough. 

"Oh, well I want to discuss some things with you whenever you get the time. I'd prefer if we do it soon rather than later though. If that's ok," Marina said. 

Elena nodded her head, then went to fill up a thermos with coffee. Then she kissed Liam's head and said, "Be nice to Marina, okay?"

Liam eye's eyes widened and he rapidly nodded his head. 

"He'll be fine," Marina said. 

Frederick came over and kissed Marina's forehead before going to get the car. Elena came over, pecked my cheek, and told me goodbye. I watched her for a moment as she walked away then I turned back to Liam.

"Well I guess I should be going too. Bye bud, behave okay?" I said as I rubbed his head with my hand.

He smiled up at me and nodded, taking another bite of his cinnamon roll. I walked to the door, put my jacket on, and put on my belt with my badge and gun. 

I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket and pulled it out, "This is Commander Lambert who's speaking?" I answered, walking out the door.

"Sir, it's me Lieutenant Bennett I was wondering if you were coming over for the meeting," Bennett said.

"Yes, I'm actually on my way there now. I should be about 20 minutes." I responded, climbing into my car and hanging up the phone. 

I got to the station in good time. When I walked into the meeting room everyone got quiet and jumped to their feet. I raised an eyebrow and a small smile of approval spread across my face.

"As you were," I commanded. They sat down and I took my seat at the head of the table. 

"So we are here for our monthly report and any requests for improvement."