Ch.10 Revelation

-Elena-

I shook my head in confusion. No this isn't true.... It just can't be true! I heard the door open and close but I didn't even look up. I was still obsessing over what he'd said, that's all I'd done every second he'd been gone. I just couldn't wrap my head around this new information. It just didn't make any sense. She looked up at him, with angry but pleading eyes.

"Elena?"

"You are wrong! I would know if I wasn't theirs! If I wasn't, I wouldn't look like my mom," I yelled, finally able to get it out.

I put my hands on my head and closed my eyes, shaking my head back and forth. No, no, no! I felt the bed dip on my right side. I looked up into his eyes and I knew he was telling me what he thought was the truth. But until I heard it from my mom, I wouldn't believe it. I felt sparks on my forehead, like little lightning bolts that brought me back to my senses.

"W-What was that for?" I asked shyly, my cheeks reddening into a blush.

He pulled me back against his chest and I felt a rumble against my back. Which I came to realize was him chuckling. I leaned my head back and looked up at him. He stared down at me with amusement clear in his eyes.

"I was trying to get your attention, but I knew if I kissed you where I really wanted to, I probably wouldn't be able to sit down," he said as he looked down at my lips in longing.

I looked down at my hands and felt my cheeks heat up even more. I thought about what it would be like to kiss him. I sighed realizing it would never happen because of my past. There were too many things he didn't know about me. I was scared of what he would think of me when he found them out, and if he would still accept me. I took a deep breath and looked at him sadly.

"Alec, I..." I started to speak but he put his finger on my lips, stopping me from continuing.

"No, don't you dare say what I think you are going to say," he said, slightly annoyed.

I saw the hurt and sadness in his eyes. I moved his fingers from my lips. He put his hand on my cheek, I turned my head and gently kissed his palm. I heard him take in a sharp breath.

"Please listen to me Alec, whatever is going on between us.... It has to stop. I don't want to get hurt, and I don't want you to get hurt either. There are  things in my past that I haven't come to terms with, and I know for a fact it would hurt you," I said as I pushed him away and started to get up from the bed.

I felt a slight tingling go up  my arm, when his hands made contact. "How can you say that? Without even giving me a chance? Please don't do this to me. You don't know how much pain I'll go through if you leave me," he said, his voice cracking in pain. "Please don't do this..." he whimpered.

I bit my lip trying not to cry. I hated hurting anyone, especially him, it made my hair break in two.

"How do I know if you won't think less of me, Alec? I don't understand why I have this pull towards you, but I just can't stand it if I lose you too."

I couldn't hold it in anymore, I burst into tears and ran towards the door. Before I could open it I felt him grab my arm and pull me to him. He wrapped his arms around me and I sobbed into his chest. He rub my back gently.

"Elena, I could never think less of you... and I'm not capable of hurting you." He kissed the top of my head, then picked me up bridal-style and carried me back to the bed. "There is something I need to tell you though and I need you not to freak out. I really hope you understand."

He gripped my hand tightly as if he thought I might suddenly disappear. I smiled, encouraging him to continue and gripped his hand just as tightly.