Ch. 11 Bad Feelings

-Alec-

I made sure she was asleep before I carefully got up from the bed. I walked towards the door and mind linked with my Beta, "I need you to come to my office. I'll be there in about 30 minutes. And make sure there are guards posted outside Elena's hospital room."

I turned around and walked back towards Elena, I leaned down and gently kissed her forehead. I stared at her in awe for a moment when she smiled in her sleep. Even if she wouldn't admit I was her mate, instinctually she knew. It was hard to leave her, my wolf was definitely not happy about it, but I had things to do. Her safety would always come first. I walked out of the room, forcing myself to not look back.

I walked down the hall to the elevator and punched the button for the lobby. When I exited I felt several people staring at me. I ignored them and continued towards the parking lot. I'd always been stared at for one reason or another. It was either because of my looks, or because of where I come from. Most of the time I didn't even notice any more.

I walked casually across the parking lot and got into my car. I drove straight to the pack house keeping an eye on my speed the whole way. My impatience gave me a heavy foot, but I'd be even more impatient if I got pulled over.

I parked my car in the garage and got out. I frowned when I noticed Luke was there waiting on me. I glanced towards the house then back at him, crinkling my eyebrows.

"Is something wrong? I thought I told you to meet me at my office?" I questioned.

He laughed and put his arm around my shoulders, "Relax Alec, I was just heading there. I saw you pulling in so I waited on you."

"Fine, but we have serious things to talk about," I said, walking on ahead of him.

Sensing my anger, he asked, "What happened? Is our Luna ok?"

We walked upstairs to my office, one of the guards quickly jumped forward and opened the door. I nodded at him and proceeded inside. I took off my police jacket and hung it on the back of the chair before sitting down. I looked up at him, and took note of the fact that he seemed a little tired. I'd asked allot of him lately, but there was no one else I trusted. He was a great beta.

"Luke... I'm asking you to do me a favor. It's not a command," I made sure I saw him nod in understanding before continuing. "I need you to do a background check on Elena's ex-fiance. I need to know if he's the one who made the accident happen. I need to know if he's trying to kill them. I also want you to make sure everything checks out for Elena's adoption."

"Okay. I'll do it if course, but may I ask why you want me to check up on her ex? I mean come on, if they broke up then you shouldn't need a background check on him. Why do you assume he had anything to do with it? She said it was caused by a tree falling in front of the car. It was storming that night, it's no surprise it fell," he said, slightly confused.

"I can't really tell you the exact reason. It's just a feeling I have I guess. But I know it wasn't an accident. That tree wasn't meant to fall. It was cut down. Whoever did it was smart but sloppy. The axe was lying right next to the stump. We checked it for fingerprints but couldn't find any. Of course we got the guys scent, it was everywhere. That's why I wanted to know if it could be from him,"

Luke nodded and shrugged, "Okay boss, I understand. I'll get it done. I feel like there's a little more to the story but I trust you. We aren't just friends, you're also my alpha. I'll always trust and obey my alpha," he said confidently.

I smiled and nodded at him, "Thank you Luke. I appreciate your help."

I relaxed a little, knowing he was looking into things helped. I couldn't calm myself completely though. I knew something was coming, and soon. I could feel it. I just wasn't sure what it was. I was definitely going to find out though.

I stood up to go pour myself a drink when suddenly I was gripped strongly by fear and pain. It was so strong it knocked me back a of couple steps. I was so confused. Where had this come from? I shook my head trying to rid myself of these strange, unprovoked, feeling. I was hit by another, stronger, wave of emotion. That's when I realized it was all coming from Elena. She was in danger!

My wolf flooded me with anger. He couldn't believe that anyone would dare threaten her. I had to forcefully push him back and think rationally.

I quickly mind linked with the guards that were watching her room, "Check on your Luna! Now!" I commanded harshly.

I felt them tuck there tails between their legs and jump to do my bidding without hesitation. I grabbed my jacket and stormed out of the office. I completely ignored Luke as I passed him without so much as a word.

I had to get to her now! I couldn't lose her! I'd die without her!