5: Betrayal

I slowly woke up the next morning too the sun shining in my eyes. I tried to get up but I felt something tighten around my waist, followed by an animalistic growl I was slowly getting used to. I looked over and saw Alec still sleeping. I tried to get up but he let out another, much louder growl. What the heck? What was his deal? He sounded like a damn dog, who growls at people? I shook my head and tried to get up again, another loud growl. At this point I was getting pissed off because I really had to go to the bathroom. So I elbowed him in the gut.

"ALEC GET THE HECK OFF OF ME YOU IDIOT!" I yelled.

He startled awake and sprang up off the bed like we were in danger. After glancing around the room to confirm we weren't, he looked down at me with his arms crossed. He looked really pissed.

"What the hell was that for?" He asked angrily.

I raised an eyebrow at him, he couldn't be serious.

"Really? You are going to ask me that? You were holding me like a teddy bear! And, you were growling at me like... like some... some kind of rabid dog! What the heck was that all about?" I snapped back, placing my hands on my hips.

He looked slightly shocked, then his face turned cold and blank.

"I have no idea what you are talking about," he said, with little to no emotion.

I rolled my eyes and stormed into the bathroom, slamming the door behind me. I stayed in the bathroom raging for a few extra minutes before coming out. He was pacing back and forth in the middle of the room. When he saw me come out he stopped and looked at me with a blank neutral look.

"By the way you are to stay here until I tell you that you can leave or I'm accompanying you. Do you understand?" He ordered harshly, pointing down at the floor like he'd just ordered a dog to sit.

I glared at him, "No, I don't! And you're out of your damn mind if you think that's really gonna fly! I have to go find my mom and son with or without you! Which you already know!" I screamed, ready to burst with anger.

"You will do as I say!" He growled, then before I could say anything else he turned and left.

I glared at the door then looked around my room or rather my new prison. Yeah, there's no way I was about to stay here, no matter how nice my accommodations were. First though I needed to get out of this T-shirt. Not having any other option I went into the bathroom and put back on the clothes I'd worn the day before. Since we hadn't gone outside yesterday I had never been offered any shoes, guess I'd just have to go barefoot. I glanced at myself in the mirror and decided to throw my hair up into a quick ponytail.

When I came out of the bathroom I started looking for a way out. I didn't know if he'd locked my door or not. Even if he hadn't, there were too many people that would possibly see me and stop me. So that was a no go. I walked over and opened the double doors to the sitting room. A quick glance around it brought my attention to the balcony. I wasn't sure how high up I was so I didn't know if this would be a good exit point or not, but I was definitely going to check.

I looked outside and saw I was probably a good three stories off the ground, to far too jump without hurting myself. I looked over at each side to see if I could somehow climb down, and luckily there were big thick vines growing up the walls. I smirked and thought to myself 'Bingo!'

I made my way down the vines as fast as possible, being barefoot actually seemed to help tremendously. I prayed the whole way to the bottom that no one would look out a window and see me, making it all for nothing. When I finally got to the ground, I was off like a rocket. I ran to the woods as fast as my legs could carry me, ignoring the occasional pebbles I stepped on.

I really didn't know which direction to go so I just picked the path that looked the clearest and kept going. It wasn't easy, but I was determined I had to get the hell away from here. Low hanging branch scratched at my face, thorns grabbed at my arms and legs, and all manner of things tore open my feet. But I just kept running.

I'd run a good way when a strange howl distracted me. I tripped over a root and twisted my ankle. I almost face planted in the dirt but I barely managed to catch myself and kept going. My ankle hurt like hell, especially with my already battered feet. I couldn't let anything stop me from finding my family.

I slowed for a second and looked around trying to decide which way to go. Something was telling me to keep going straight. I easily followed my instincts. My legs were burning and my feet felt like they couldn't take much more. I slowed to a fast walk. I'd been walking for ten minutes when I found our car, my mouth fell open in shock. I carefully limped over to it.

"Mom?! Liam?!" I yelled, looking around for them. I didn't see anything that made it look like they'd been here recently and no one answered. I slumped to the ground beside the truck exhausted, defeated. I sat there for a minute trying to think. Finally not knowing what else to do, I used the last of my energy to crawl into the back seat of the car. I curled up with Liam's blanket and cried myself to sleep.