6: Searching

Alec

I jerked awake to something hard hitting me in the stomach. It really pissed me off because I was having the best night of sleep I'd had in my 26 years.

"ALEC GET THE HECK OFF OF ME!" Elena screamed into my ear.

What the heck is wrong with this girl? She was supposed to be my mate. She was supposed to feel the way I felt, but God she just seemed to be complicated. I know she didn't understand all this but still, couldn't she cut me a break already?

"What the heck was that for?!" I growled at her.

She raised an eyebrow at me. I felt my wolf growl, he wanted her obedience. For once I actually listened to him, I wasn't so into listening to him most of the time. I didn't really pay much attention to what Elena was saying, until I heard her say something about me growling like a rabid dog. That highly irritated me. I'm not a damn dog! Yes I'm part wolf, but I'm not a dog. I looked up at her, shocked, angry, and even a bit hurt. How dare she talk to me like that! How dare she call me a dog! I'd been nothing but nice to her!

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I said coldly, crossing my arms over my chest.

She ran into the bathroom and slammed the door behind her which just spiked my anger even more. I started pacing back and forth trying to control my temper, until I noticed her standing in the bathroom doorway. Damn, she looked even better now which made me want her even more. I had to struggle to keep my face neutral. She needed to understand that I meant business when I said what I was going to say next.

"By the way you are to stay here until I tell you that you can leave or I'm accompanying you. Do you understand?" I ordered, expecting her to just obey.

She glared at me. My wolf was impressed by her strong backbone. It made him want to say screw it all and tumble her. But he also wanted her to be safe and in the end that won out.

"No, I don't! And you're out of your damn mind if you think that's really gonna fly! I have to go find my mom and son with or without you! Which you already know!"

I wanted to smile at her because she was so damn cute when she was mad, but I couldn't let her know that.

"You will do as I say!" I growled at her. Then I quickly turned and left the room before I did something I would regret, like pull her into my arms and comfort her.

I stomped down the hall to my office, to relax and calm down. Before I could even get comfortable in my seat I felt someone trying to open the mind link. I sighed and let them in begrudgingly.

"What is it?" I growled at my beta, as the connection was made.

I felt him hesitate.

"Say it!" I growled, I had no patience for this right now.

"Alpha, your mate, has escaped into the woods and is now on the run," he said.

"SHE'S WHAT!" I practically roared, "What do you mean she's gone? I told you guys to watch her! Luke! Get your ass in here now!" I barked, at him.

I closed the mind link, got up from my seat and started pacing. My wolf was yelling at me for leaving her alone, and demanding I immediately go after her. I heard a quick knock on my door.

"Come in!" I shouted.

I could tell from the smell that it was Luke.

"Explain now," I said slowly, trying to keep control of myself.

He sighed as he sat in a chair, "Well after your guys little fight... By the way, she was right. And you acted like a brute just saying."

I snarled and gave him a heated glare.

"Anyway after that she snuck out of the room. It appears she went out through the balcony and made a run for the woods. We have trackers after her, I'm really not all that surprised honestly. It's something a Luna would do...," Luke said.

I sighed then looked at him, "I need to go get her Luke."

"You know you can't. You are having a meeting with that woman you and your dad found in the woods two days ago."

I sighed again and ran my hands through my hair frustrated, "You don't understand Luke, I need her."

I looked up and saw that my words had hurt him. I looked away.

"Sorry, Luke... I know I shouldn't have said that...," I mumbled, apologetically.

"It's fine Alec. I know you're just upset about your mate, we will find her," he said, with more conviction than I had.

There was another knock at the door.

"Come in!" I said, taking a seat in my chair.

A lady came into the office. "You wanted to see me?" She asked.

I nodded to her then looked at Luke, he took the hint and got up to leave.

"Like I said, we will find her," He threw back over his shoulder then closed the door behind himself.

I smiled. If anyone besides me could find her, it would be him. With that last thought I pushed it from my mind and turned towards the lady seated in front of me.

"Before you ask me any questions I need a favor from you. Can you help me?" the lady said, appearing worried.

"That depends on what you want from me miss."

She nodded and looked down at her hands, then she looked up into my eyes. I knew instantly who she was, "I need help finding my daughter, please!"

Damn it all to hell, she was Elena's mother...

Shit...