Chapter 18: The Queen

Gellert POV:

It was a girl and had she appeared ordinary I would have most likely slammed the door right in her face but as it happens, she did not. Her hair was bright blonde, so blonde it was almost white just like her skin which could have been compared to snow it was that pale. She wore an extremely wealthy attire so she certainly wasn't trying to sell me anything nor was she trying to rob the house. I also doubted she was a criminal of any sort due to the smile on her face and properness of her posture. But what was so striking about this girl is her eyes that seemed to be focused on a map in front of her, they were a very, very light blue also almost white but still holding some what of a blue tinge.

It was like...looking in a mirror.

'Oh...I may have the wrong house then,' The girl stepped back in her silver heels, 'Ummm, does a Gellert Grindelwald and Bathilda Bagshot live here?'

Frowning, I nodded, 'I am Gellert,'

She finally looked up at me with that with a shocked expression that made it seem as if I was the most wonderous creature in sight.

'I-Oh my,' She dropped into a curtsey which I wasn't sure how to interpret since this girl was literally still standing on my doorstep being stared at by passers by on the street, 'It is an honour to meet you, I was not sure if I would find you,'

I glared down at her, 'Get up, you fool,'

She stood at once, appearing apologetic.

'Your name?' I asked, widening my eyes in slight annoyance.

'Right! Sorry...I get too excitable,' She cleared her throat and offered a hand, 'Gretel, sir, Gretel Grindelwald,'

I almost threw up at hearing my own last name and just stared at her hand in disgust.

Awkardly, she retracted the offer and waited for me to say something, but I didn't. I closed the door as quickly as possible and locked it. There was more knocking but I simply could not even think about facing whoever that girl claimed she was so just walked in the stairwell where Albus was.

'Well? Who was it?-' He asked but was cut off by another several kisses from me, carrying on where we left off.

'No one,' I mumbled against his lips, 'Told them to bugger off because I'd much rather be doing this,'

Albus giggled as we kissed more, harder and faster until progressing would have been a little too raunchy for right now. I was about to say something when there was now knocking on the window.

'Let's rejoin the party,' I suggested, getting to my feet, forcing myself to only look at Albus, 'You know, I'm sure they'll start the judging soon,'

He agreed, commenting, 'Wow, I guess I'm not the only one fighting for your attention,' gesturing towards the window.

Neither Albus or I won the competition as, due to Muriel's clear biased, it went to a man called Jonathan Gutha who's name I recognised being mentioned as before as a stylish man. And let me tell you- he was.

It was like I could still hear the knocking in the back of my head. That whoever that girl was was still there, watching me, taunting me. But then again, maybe I was imagining it. She couldn't have got into this house even if she tried and I'm pretty sure after a while she'd probably get bored and go home where she belongs. What someone like her, dressed to the nines, would want with me I do not know...at least I didn't want to think about it anyway as I seemed to be forgetting the very obvious link of our last names.

Why couldn't I just change mine to Bagshot after my Great Uncle? Why did I have to stick with this stupid, stupid name like a curse on my life forever? At least then I could claim no connection to whoever this girl was at all and pretend to be unaffected by hearing it.