Chapter 16: The Alleyway

Here's the tea- Wattpad deleted this chapter as I couldn't rewrite it and feel satisfied I had to wait until I found the motivation. I'm sorry the ending is strange but I have other chapters written that it needs to flow into but I hope this has turned out ok! Thank you :)

Gellert POV:

Nervously he faced me, crossing his legs and tucking a stray lock of hair behind his ear, 'I mean.....I can try- I haven't really said anything to anyone about it before.' He paused, 'Not that I'll be able to say too much-'

'Say vhatever you vant,' I encouraged, 'I'm not going to judge you,' I crossed my legs also, turning to him so our knees were touching as we faced each other.

'Everything happened because of me,' Albus said plainly, not even stuttering he felt so confident about the statement, 'Umm, E-Edward, he only came into our lives because I let him in, so Abe blames me because I started it all. B-but it only got worse from there,'

'What did he do?'

'He,' Albus inhaled painfully, the memories flickering across his face, 'He wasn't who he said he was. He was a fraud and yes, yes he hurt me m-more then I can d-detail but my family.....my family didn't deserve what became of them and it's just all my fault.....' tears built up in his big blue eyes that sparkled with the ghost of his past as they spilled down his pale cheeks, 'S-so when I'm reminded so frequently of how much I've burdened everyone and h-how naive and stupid I am I-' he glanced down at his cut wrists, 'I just can't help it-'

He burst into tears and fell forward, collapsing into my lap as he sobbed into my trousers. My heart broke for him as I dragged my fingers through his hair soothingly. He cried harder, his sobs ripping through me as if his own pain were mine and I made my gesture as the extreme emotional release gradually calmed and Albus remained sniffling with his face hidden.

'I have so many scars, so many ugly scars and all of them are my fault,' he continued, lifting his face to reveal it was almost as red as his hair with white streaks of tears engraved into his skin, 'I'm.....I'm so disgusting and everything about me is just repulsive. Why is it you even speak to me?!'

I cupped his cheek and brought our foreheads to rest gently together, it felt like I was allowing my mind to touch his as I told him these words, 'Those scars aren't you're fault and they don't make you ugly at all,' I affirmed, 'they only show how strong you are, how much hurt you have laboured. And you're anything but disgusting,' my voice fell to a whisper, 'you're adorable and I speak to you because I like you, you're the most handsomest, intriguing man I've met in my entire life,'

More tears slipped from his eyes but of a different nature, 'Are.....you being serious?'

I smiled sweetly before planting a soft kiss on his cheek, 'I've never been more serious in my whole life,'

There were some moments of silence between us filled with nothing but the creak of the house in the evening wind before Albus asked, 'May you please.....can you hold me?' He blushed as he mumbled the request.

'Of course.' I whispered, cautiously pushing him down so he was laying on the bed. He turned over and I put my arm around his waist, holding him close to my chest so his warmth spread through my stomach and heart as it fluttered. He relaxed into the shape of me, his legs finding mine and resting beside them as his auburn hair brushed my face like a Phoenix feather tickling my nose.

It felt nice, really nice and for a moment it felt as if the world had stopped just for us and was allowing this piece of time to exist solely for our existence together as we breathed quietly and drifted into unconsciousness.

When the morning came I felt as thought I had been transported elsewhere. I don't think I'd ever felt so content in all my life as I could feel the heat from another body warming me and battling the cold which I knew existed outside the sheets. I glanced at the window which had a frosty glaze with fractals splitting off in snowflake patterns that were melting at the edges in the peak of sunrise which was creeping across the floorboards towards us.