Chapter 20: Unlocking

Merry Christmas! I couldn't leave you guys hanging when it's this time of year so here's the next part. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy! :)

Gellert POV:

'No,'

Albus glared at me so coldly that a slight nervousness grew over me.

'If you try and tell your aunt I will not hesitate to do whatever I have to do to stop you,' he continued, his blue eyes lifeless as he didn't move his outreached hand which was shakily clutching the wand.

I got to my feet, dusting myself off and frowning at someone who I thought was my lover but now I wasn't so sure, 'Don't you trust me?'

'I told you my trust isn't easily earned,' He reminded me, 'This is exactly why I didn't want you to know anything.....and actually if you trusted me you would do as I request and keep this between us,'

He had a point but it was making me angry to think my aunt may have been conned, 'Are you conning us?'

'Are you serious?'

'Answer the question Albus,' I said sternly.

Albus tightened his grip on his wand, 'You ask a lot of questions, you know, a lot of questions for someone who's asking for trust,'

'And you still haven't answered them,' I pointed out, 'Go on,'

Albus seemed genuinely stung as he cried out, 'No, I am not conning you!' his face went red, 'Do you think I've been faking everything this whole time?!'

'Your family is a mystery to me!' I explained, 'I'm sorry for doubting you but can you really blame me vhen you just show up out of novhere and start living vith a vulnerable elderly voman?'

Albus's eyes were swimming with tears as he lowered his arm immediately, 'I know ok? I know. But you have to understand that I want to tell you things but I just can't,' He took a breathe, trying to regain his control of his upset. 'No one can know about Ariana and I don't want you to run to your aunt every time I say something. I want to be able to trust you,' his tears ran down his face as he stared at the floor, rubbing his cheek on his sleeve, 'I promise, I want to,'

Every time I saw Albus get emotional it made me feel exposed as I always seemed to sense how awful he could feel. I wasn't exactly an empathetic sort of person but there was something about Albus which brought that side out in me and even made my eyes go weak as they softened at the sight of him.

'I'm sorry,' I apologised which was a rare thing for me to do, 'I'm sorry you felt attacked by my actions,'

'Can you please just say you w-won't tell your aunt,' Albus asked, his face blotchy and his voice was higher trying to hold in more tears, 'If I promise to k-keep her safe can you do this for m-me?'

I made my way over to him, cupping his face in my hands I smoothed my fingers through his fiery red hair and watched the strands weave in and out of them before they trickled down his face, 'I promise I von't ever hurt you or your family,'

Albus exhaled and leaned into me, my heart melting as his body fell forwards and it felt as if we were in our own bubble. All I could smell was his scent, a mixture of sweet sugar-candies as well as a subtle floral hint resembling a freshly bloomed daisy as if he'd just been rolling in a grassy meadow. His frail arms wrapped around my coat and he pressed his face to my chest so I could feel his warmth spreading through my clothes bringing me even closer to his world.

He mumbled something into my shirt but I don't think I was supposed to hear so I didn't ask him what he had said. Instead I replayed the muffled sound on repeat over and over in my head, 'Ibsbshhsnnyou. Ianhshsshsh you. Ilank you. I thank you?' That would probably make the most sense.