Chapter 11: Moment of happiness

Behold my favourite chapter EVER hope you enjoy it :)

Gellert POV:

We got outside, the bustling streets absorbing our sites. The sky was an unwelcoming black that signalled definite rainfall but I didn't think much of it.

I checked to see that Albus would follow me this time round and then realised with panic that I had misplaced the piece of string...wait didn't he take it?

'Sorry I...don't know vhere the string is,' I apologised, 'I can go back and find something else-'

'No...it's qu-quite alright,' Albus stopped me, gripping my arm to stop me from leaving before removing it bashfully.

I had an idea, stepping in front of him and extending my arm to him, 'How about this?'

Albus considered it for a moment, blushing as he linked his arm in mine.

My heart skipped as we left the house and joined the other people rushing about.

'So, vhat is your style?' I questioned.

Albus seemed lost for an answer, 'I-I've never really h-ad one...my m-mother used to buy me th-things,'

I felt bad for accidentally bringing up his family again but tried to make him cheer up at least a tiny bit, 'Then today is your chance to find one,'

We got to the boutique, a quaint little place on the corner of the street. It's purple paintwork was that of a new coat as it had probably not existed for very long and hadn't been exposed to the climate like the restaurant next door that was so chipped it could have been an abandoned building. Other than the frames, the freshly cleaned windows showed the beautiful furnishings of the inside: there were changing blinds with white, cushioned seats in front of them; racks lined with clothes of all nature, formal, casual, smart etc. and a reception desk with a pretty woman behind the counter, her curly hair pinned into a bun to keep it out of her face.

I let go of Albus' arm, opening the door for him as the bell chimed behind us. This got the girl's attention and another woman emerged from the storage room behind the desk. She was much older than the young girl with piles of makeup on at an attempt to hide her age, which was probably that of my aunt's. Unlike the working girl, who wore an outfit close to a maids, this, clearly upper class, woman had a very elegant dress on that had layers so it puffed out from her waist. The pink satin reflected in the warm light of the shop and the top half was laced down her chest to introduce a cream contrast to her clothes, a darker pink shawl draped around her arms and back.

'Welcome to Victorian Vintage!' The older woman smiled welcomingly, 'Did you need help with anything? Please, don't hesitate to ask,'

I grinned politely, 'Yes, ve are here to buy quite a lot for Albus here,' I gestured to him, stepping away a little.

The woman came over, walking with haste as it seemed she struggled to carry her endless amount of glamour with her. She looked Albus over, up and down, examining him a bit too intently. 'Mmm,' she murmured, carefully lifting Albus' arms out. I could see he flinched but I don't think she noticed. 'Yes, you definitely need my help. This outfit is not only completely 3 years out of date but also very unfinished, threads missing everywhere. Let me see what I can find. Is there a price range? Style type?' She pushed Albus' arms down and looked at me.