flip-flop

A/N: Let's talk about Sterek for a second. Just to clarify, I will not be writing any AUs with age accurate Sterek. What I mean by that, is that there won't be any AUs where Stiles is in high school and Derek is a fullass adult. While I do think that Stiles and Derek would have ended up together if the show were to continue, but with everything Derek went through with Kate, I don't think he would have attempted a relationship w Stiles until he was legal.

Anyway, those are my personal thoughts and I understand if u disagree. I just wanted to talk about it :)

I hope u are all healthy! 

When Derek woke up, his chest was pressed against the back of another warm body. His arm was draped across the stirring individual, holding them safely against Derek's chest. The sun had started to bleed in through the window and onto Derek's face, irritating his eyes.

"I don't want to get up," Derek mumbled into the pillows.

An agreeing groan came from whoever was in bed with him, along with the feeling of the bed dipping as the person shifted closer into Derek's chest.

Derek took a deep breath, inhaling the scent of expo markers, the Beacon Hills woods, and a soft scent of Adderall.

Derek's heart stopped. He knew that smell.

"Stiles?" He asked as he jolted up from the bed.

Stiles grumbled, still not fully awake. Instead, he rolled around in the sheets to bury himself deeper in the covers that he must have stolen off of Derek in the middle of the night.

"Stiles?" Derek tried again, this time with more emphasis.

Stiles rolled over onto his back, cracking his eyes open to look lovingly at the man above him. Derek resisted running his hand through Stiles's unruly hair.

"If you want to get up, go ahead. I plan on staying in this bed for at least another hour," Stiles closed his eyes again and rolled onto his side.

Derek blinked a few times before asking, "Where are we?"

This caught Stiles's attention, causing him to fully sit up and face Derek. Derek then realized that Stiles was wearing one of his shirts.

"Our bedroom? Our home?" Stiles said, visibly confused, "Babe, are you okay?" Stiles reached out and pressed a hand against Derek's forehead as if to check for a fever.

Derek flinched, pulling back, "What are you doing?"

Stiles's brow furrowed, a concerned expression dancing across his face, "What does it look like I'm doing? I'm checking for a fever. You're worrying me."

"Werewolves don't get fevers. You know that."

Stiles scoffed, his expression stuck between wanting to laugh and concern, "Werewolves? I called you sourwolf once as a joke. Seriously, are you okay?"

Derek attempted to tap into his werewolf hearing to check Stiles's heartbeat, but he couldn't hear anything other than the bird calls outside the bedroom window.

He was human.

"...Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay. Just a joke," Derek stammered. He needed to figure out what was going on, and fast.

"You sure?" Stiles asked, sliding himself closer to take Derek's hand in his own.

No. I'm human and I don't know what the fuck is going on.

Derek intertwined their fingers, "Perfectly fine."

Stiles tightened his grip, "Promise? You looked like you were going to throw up five minutes ago just from looking at my face. I haven't gotten that ugly over the years, have I?"