I'm Not Good With Words

On most days Stiles would come home to an empty house. He would push open the wooden door and toss his keys somewhere on the living room coffee table and make his way to the couch where he would collapse and watch TV for roughly an hour.

Today was not most days.

Instead of coming home to an empty house, he came home to a house where Derek Hale was sulking in the corner of his living room.

"The hell?!" Stiles said after noticing the alpha.

Derek grumbled.

"Dude, you can't just show up to my house with no explanation. Is someone dying? Is anybody hurt? Oh god, please don't tell me Scott got his head stuck in your railing again."

Derek shook his head.

"Well what is it, big guy?" Stiles asked before plopping down on the couch. He slapped the cushion next to him, indicating for Derek to sit beside him.

Eventually the alpha gave in and eased onto the couch.

"I...didn't want to be at home," he said.

"Too many betas?" Stiles said, nodding.

Derek shook his head once again.

"No."

Stiles rolled his eyes, "You're going to have to use a couple more words than that, Sourwolf."

If possible, Derek folded in even more on himself. Almost like he was trying to shrink into a tiny ball.

After a few moments of silence, he finally opened his mouth to respond.

"...not enough Stiles."

Stiles raised an eyebrow.

"You didn't come to the pack meeting."

Stiles laughed, "I'm not really pack. I'm not a werewolf like you guys. Or a banshee like Lydia. I'm just human."

Derek raises his voice, a little frustrated. "You are pack. I wanted you there and you didn't come."

Stiles reached out and placed his hand on the wolf's shoulder.

"I didn't know that, big guy. I would have shown up if I knew you wanted me there."

Derek tilted his head until his cheek was pressed against the hand that Stiles had placed on his shoulder.

Stiles blushed and tried to prevent his heart from racing.

When Derek noticed that Stiles didn't move his hand, he stood up from his seat and moved in front of Stiles. He reached down stuck out his hand, waiting for Stiles to grab it.

When Stiles did grab it, Derek pulled him up to a standing position.

He inched closer until their noses were practically touching.

Stiles could not stop his heart from beating rapidly.

Instead of kissing him like Stiles expected, Derek rubbed his face against Stiles. He ran his hands down Stiles arms and pulled him into a hug.

"Turn around," Derek grumbled.

Stiles did as he was told and faced the back wall.

Derek then continued to rub his face into Stiles's neck.

After he was done, Derek gave a sniff of approval.

"Now you smell like pack."

"No, Der. I just smell like you."

Derek shrugged.

"I know."

The two stared at each other in silence until Derek quickly kissed Stiles's nose.

"Be at the next pack meeting. Or I'll kill you myself."

He pushed past Stiles and out the front door.

A/N:

Hello all.
Long time, no see.
I've been kind of in a weird place mentally just because of all of the stuff I need to worry about in the upcoming school year, but I'm completely fine and can't wait to return to writing.

Please comment what you think, I love to hear from you guys!