ebb and flow

A/N: The last few days have been really good for me in terms of writing so I have a lot of new content for you guys! If you still want it that is...

I love reading your comments! They're so informative. If there are any ideas or thoughts you have concerning this AU or the future of this AU book, feel free to leave a comment or send me a message!

"Derek borrowed my goddamn laptop charger again and I want it back," Stiles complained to Scott who was sitting adjacent to him in the jeep. They were returning from lunch with some other friends and Stiles had been silent for a grand total of five minutes before erupting.

Scott tilted his head to the side, almost like a baffled puppy.

"I thought you and Derek broke up?"

Stiles waved his hand and shook his head, "No, we got back together. And then he borrowed my backup charger when he went to go visit Cora in South America."

Stiles could almost picture the gears grinding in Scott's head. The poor guy couldn't wrap his head around what Stiles was saying.

"I don't see the problem. If you guys are dating, then why don't you just ask him for the charger back?"

Stiles rolled his eyes while hitting the turn signal on the jeep so that he could turn left, "When he got back from his trip we got in a fight about dumb werewolf shit and broke up again. I can't ask my ex for my charger back, common sense Scott."

Scott sighed. He was hoping that once Stiles turned twenty-one, he would have grown out of this back and forth thing with Derek. Two years later, Scott could see that nothing had really changed. They'd been dating on and off for a few years now and it was starting to get on Scott's nerves.

When they first broke up, Stiles cried on Scott's couch for days and Derek had seemed to disappear off of the face of the Earth.

Two months later, Stiles was once again wrapped around Derek's form. They were both visibly happy and, more often than not, Stiles was pressed against Derek's side while Derek's arm was wrapped around him protectively.

Three weeks after that, Stiles was wallowing in Scott and Kira's apartment while Lydia tried to coax him from the bathroom.

And the cycle continued for two more years.

Scott had started getting sick of it, but he knew he was in one of the worst positions to give advice. Stiles was his best friend, but Derek was his alpha. It was hard to try and call both of them out on their bullshit. Personally, Scott thought the relationship was starting to grow toxic. If they couldn't date for longer than a few months without breaking up, they should not be getting back together. It wasn't like their personalities were going to change dramatically when they were broken up. Stiles and Derek were the same people they always were. They were always going to find something they hated about each other.

"Scott!" Stiles shouted, snapping Scott out of his thoughts, "So, can you get my charger back?"

"No," Scott mumbled, looking away to avoid Stiles's reaction.

Stiles's eyes bugged out of his head and he slammed on the brakes at a red light. Lucky for them, there were no other cars around.

"Dude! What the fuck? You're my best friend, what do you mean no?!"

Stiles took his hands off of the wheel, feeling the sudden urge to heavily gesticulate to prove his point, "I can't go to my ex's apartment to ask for a charger! Do you know what that would do to me?"

Scott closed his eyes and let out the breath he had been holding, "Yes. I do know. Because you two have broken up, like, seven times in the past three years. Get your charger yourself. Or better yet, stop dating Derek completely. It's annoying at this point."