32- Part of the Journey is the End

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time. I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited. I hope we get it back and something like a normal version of the planet has been restored. If there ever was such a thing. God, what a world. A universe...now. If you told me ten years ago that we weren't alone let alone to this extent, I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised. But who come on, who knew. The epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play. And for better or worse that's the reality Morgan's gonna have to find a way to grow up in." Tony's voice stopped for a moment as his old helmet shimmered a hologram across the room of him sitting in a chair backwards.

"So, I thought I'd better record a little greeting, in the case of an untimely death. On my part."

Pepper, Morgan, and Happy sat on the couch listening to their late family member. While Rhodey sat in a chair next to them. Steve, Thor,  and Natasha stood behind them in silence.

"Not that death at any time isn't untimely. This time travel thing that we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow. It's got me scratching my head about the survivability of it all. That's the thing. Then again, that's the hero gig, right? Part of the journey is the end. What am I even tripping for? Everything's going to work out exactly the way it's supposed to." Tony said standing up and walking over to the helmet where he looked at Morgan directly across from him. "I love you 3000." He said before disappearing.

Pepper, Morgan, and Happy exited the house holding flowers. Followed by the others.

Pepper leaned down and put the flowers softly in the water as they got to the end of the dock.

In the center was the Arc Reactor of the Mark I. Engraved around the metallic edges said a phrase. "Proof that Tony Stark has a heart."

Pepper and Morgan stood in front. Directly behind them was Rhodey and Happy. Then stood Steve.

Peter and his aunt behind him.

Thor and Banner.

Strange and Wong.

Scott, Hope, Janet, and Hank.

Groot, Mantis, Nebula, and Peter Quill stood diagonal from them. Rocket was standing on the stump of a tree and Drax even showed his utmost respect by putting a shirt on.

Even though it probably hurt his nipples.

T'Challa, Okoye, and Shuri.

Laura, Cooper, Lila, and Nathaniel stood with Natasha as a family. Grieving not only the lose of Tony Stark but Clint as well.

Wanda, Myself, Bucky, and Sam all stood together.

Harley, a boy who had helped Iron man years ago who was now a teenager stood behind us.

Followed by Maria Hill and secretary of defense Ross who had pardoned us following the events.

Carol Danvers.

And finally Nick Fury made an appearance to say his final goodbye to the man who started it all.

***
Wanda, Natasha, and I stood by lake watching the water.

"You know, I wish there was a way that I could let him know." Natasha said to us without taking her eyes off the water.

A tear slowly fell down her face.