Chapter Twenty

LISA

"So, you are going to let her be with him from now on?"

"She is."

"And, you will live by yourself for the rest of your life?"

"She will."

"You aren't going to at least compete with-"

"She won't."

"Please, for the sake of Chipmunk, can you let her answer for once?" Jisoo raises her hands up in the air, annoyance written all over her face because the answers don't belong to me. What can I do now when I am just fed up with everything happening around me while sitting like the world is about to collapse from the view a while ago?

Shaking my head, I sigh heavily. "I am sorry. I don't have anything to say anymore." I turn to Rosé before continuing. "By the way, nice to see you again, Rosé." I force a smile for the sake of my friends. I haven't greeted her properly since I enter this place, and now she looks stressed with my problem already.

"Lisa, you know, me and Jisoo will always support you. We want you for our Jennie. Please, don't give up yet." Her eyes plead as Jisoo joins her, "Don't stay like this. I know you won't move on from her no matter how many years you are away. If you lose this chance again, I am afraid that it might be forever, and you will live on your own without love, without happiness for the rest of your...life."

I scoff, "Jisoo, I can't agree with you more."

As the waitress brings us food and drinks, I look up seeing a blonde woman, probably the same age as mine, smiling at me shyly as I return it back politely before gulping the wine in one breath.

"Wow, never have I thought in my entire life that a nerd could be this alcoholic." Jisoo exclaims loudly.

"I work, Jisoo. I need to learn how to socialize in the business world."

"I know it, Ms. CEO. I know you can learn everything if you want to," Jisoo teases as the waitress stops, surprised. Whatever makes her stop is when she realizes that I am the CEO of my company.

"Jisoo, I am not any CEO you have just mentioned. Don't be absurd about it."

"It isn't true?" She asks as I motion her to the waitress who walks slowly, too slowly to the counter. "Oh yeah, you are just some homeless woman on the street that I have enough sympathy, washing you and bringing you here."

Rosé pinches her arm as Jisoo flinches a bit then hugging her afterward. "Babe, you know I only wash you, right?" She whispers her dirty little mind to her girlfriend as I hear every word as she mumbles not so lowly as she thinks she is.

When I make sure that the woman has already left, I sigh again. "I don't know what to do."

Jisoo seems like she doesn't have any answer right now either.

"What's wrong with the woman? She's like she wants to come here and serve you anything. Do you want anything else?" Rosé asks, pointing slightly at the back of me as Jisoo winks at me playfully, "Look like our friend here is so charming and so...attractive that even a woman can't take her eyes off her since the time she entered her. Finally, there is someone who looks happy in this situation."

"Jisoo, be serious. She's sad here." Rosé glares at her girlfriend when I don't utter any word.

"I know. I want to help her, but look like she doesn't want to get helped, and we can't help someone who-"

"It's hopeless. She's in a relationship now." Bringing the glass to my lips, I swallow the liquor silently, gazing at the people coming in and going out of this restaurant. Both of them are quiet now. Maybe they do pity me for my stupidity or whatever dream I have with Jennie.

"As long as I know, Mino hasn't talked anything with Jennie yet regarding to their marriage..." The last sentence has me spilled my wine back to the glass.

"Eww, that's disgusting!" Jisoo exclaims loudly as I wipe my mouth with the sleeve of my shirt without caring about how stupid and clumsy I look at all. "How many years have they been together to even talk about marriage?"

"Chipmunk, look like you have gotten her attention finally." Jisoo smirks proudly at her girlfriend before continuing. "Basically, two years. Actually, Mino has been following Jennie around since the day you left..., but the latter just didn't pay any attention to him because she thought..." She clears her throat a little louder than she used to when she's nervous. "She thought you would come back within the years."

"Then, she gave up on me. And, I can't blame her because I was being the unknown and uncertain. She couldn't wait for me anyway, not knowing where I was."

"Eventually, you came back and let her go that easily?" Jisoo challenges. I know that she supports me at all costs, but I can't do anything besides like she said, lives by myself for as long as I could move on.

I nod in defeat.

"We can help if you agree to get helped. It was said, 'If our crush hasn't married yet, we still have the chance.' And, we still have one more last chance, though." Jisoo smirks knowingly as Rosé looks like she was taught Spanish in an English class, and so am I.

"Jennie's dad was in need of...." Jisoo continues.

"Why does her father have anything to do with-" Rosé claps her hand over her mouth to try to stop whatever she wants to say, but finally gives in. "Don't tell me you want Lisa to invest in uncle Kim's company in exchanging for his daughter."

Jisoo grins proudly.

I glare at Jisoo for her absurd idea. "Don't."

Whatever idea she has, I am sure it's not good because it's morally wrong, and more importantly, as far as I can remember, Mr. Kim is loaded. He needn't any money from me.

"Something tragic happened to his company a month ago. That's why our Jennie was so sad and wanted to work as much as she can. I know, it's unbelievable to say that Mr. Kim needs investors suddenly, but if he agrees to, I will help you, Lisa. Two of our companies are more than enough to-"

"Jisoo. Mino is also rich."

"He has only one company, and we have two."

"I don't want to. I don't want to break Jennie's heart again."

"Okay, Rosé. Call your stylish designer today." Jisoo gets up from her chair instantly as her girlfriend looks dumbfounded at her sudden change. "Why?"

"Prepare our dresses for Jennie and Mino's marriage. I know they will soon get married if some idiot out there still thinks of morality. Who stole whose? After all, Jennie belongs to some monkey along time ago, but she doesn't think about that at all."

"Okay." Rosé grabs her phone.

Does she really call someone to prepare their dresses in front of me?

I sigh, closing my eyes a bit.

Alright.

Maybe, I should give it a try. "Stop!"

Both of them whips their head at me in unison.

"I'll give it a shot."

Jisoo grins widely before turning to her girlfriend. "Rosé, call Mr. Kim instead."

I feel bad.

I know it's not right, but the idea of Jennie marrying any other person that isn't me doesn't feel right either.