Enzo: Bang!

"What the fuck do you think you're doing? Once Alpha Norixx finds out that two of his best men left to find some stupid Omega instead of doing paper work, talking to other Alpha's about expanding his territory, etc. He will have our heads on a wall, just like the Humans do it," Zev ranted and growled at the end.

        I was this close to punching Zev.

        I didn't care if he was a becoming Alpha and my best friend. He was being so damn annoying that I couldn't think straight anymore. Ever since I told Ivan about Luka, he was getting himself ready. I overheard him talking to his mother and how much she missed him and he missed her too. I knew he didn't miss his dad that much after his father pointed a gun to him and screamed at them to get out of his room to think. Nicki, however, she was almost balling her eyes out because she thought Ivan went missing but never got that the message that he was staying at Jayden's place for the today and tomorrow.

        "Alpha Norixx will know nothing about this because we will be here before he gets back. And one of our members tell on us, we will throw them in the storage," I reassured Zev.

        Zev shook his head, not liking the idea still. I checked Jayden's pulse on his wrist and moved his brown hair out of his face. He was still pale and cold but thank God I found him. If he died, Ivan would never forgive me. He's the most important person in his life. I couldn't tell Ivan that it was my fault for going to Jayden when I knew he was going to be in danger when I was around.

        Zev stared emotionless at Jayden before sighing out of his nose and staring back at me. His red eyes changed to his regular blue and he placed a hand on my shoulder. I was happy that I could see my best friend's blue eyes instead of the demonic red eyes he was using more often. It's been a while.

        "Look...what I said...I didn't mean it. You can come back whenever you want because you're a member in the Blood Horizon Pack. We're family, you hear me? You're the only brother I have and I don't want you ending up like Jayden. It's bad enough that Ivan has to go through this," Zev said softly and wrapped his arms around my body.

        I relaxed in his arms and hugged him back. It was nice not hearing Zev's Alpha voice and actually hearing the same kind voice of my best friend.

        "I'm happy you're becoming an Alpha, Zev. Make us proud," I whispered.

        "I don't think I can," he whispered back.

        "What do you—"

        "Whoa, I don't mean to storm in your bright rainbow. Do you need a couple of minutes?" Ivan interrupted. I quickly got out of Zev's arms and starched the back of my neck, awkwardly chuckling at the fact that my mate caught me hugging my best friend. I looked in Ivan's eyes to see nothing but patience and calm. I didn't find any jealously or lust. I sighed and nodded, walking out of the room with Zev behind me. I wanted Ivan to be jealous that I was hugging someone else other than him but all I got was a stupid calm look.

        "Will you be staying here to watch Jayden?" Ivan asked Zev.

        Zev's eyes flashed with shock. "No, I will be going with you. I can't let Enzo go by himself."

        Ivan shrugged. "I guess. Maybe Corianne can watch Jayden. I don't know anyone else here."

        Zev snorted. "Corianne? You think someone like her can keep a Human safe? She can't even save herself."

        I glared at Zev for talking about his pack members like that. We used to do it behind their backs all the time, only Omegas and Rogues, but it was different for Ivan. Ivan eyes narrowed and he put his hand on his hip. "What do you mean? She's capable of handling an easy task. I trust her more than dumbasses like you too."