Enzo: The Human Heart

A small ache hit my heart and I furrowed my eyes at the sudden reaction. I wanted to believe that Ivan didn't get hurt or he was doing something else. When your heart starts hurting, it means your mate isn't being faithful to you. By being faithful, it means no cheating. But Ivan wouldn't kiss anyone at this time, right? He doesn't like anyone but Jayden and he wouldn't kiss or have sex with anyone else. If someone were to kiss him, he would knee them in the balls. Ivan wouldn't kiss anyone. He's too stubborn for that.

        Zev looked over his shoulder and asked, "Are you okay?"

        I wasn't. My mate didn't want to be with me but wanted to be with his best friend and I had an Omega in the pack house. The members were muttering to others about how a becoming Alpha would let an Omega stay in the house. We could care less about Omegas because we could turn them into maids or let them for starvation but Luka was another thing. He was an Omega and Rogue and that meant he killed many Humans.

        What would Alpha Norixx say? Would he get another person to be an Alpha and Beta? There weren't many people to be qualified to be a Beta because it will take years just to be one, such as an Alpha. Or would Alpha Norixx do something worse and kick me out like my father? I don't think I would live with myself if I stayed in a house that rejected me so quickly.

        I cleared my throat and shoved my hands in my pockets. "Yeah...something like that. I—I just think everything is escalating, y'know?"

        Zev nodded. "I understand. I think I should tell you something..."

        I stood up straighter and waited for his confession. What was he going to tell me? Was he going to tell me that Jayden can't hold much longer? I couldn't let Jayden die or Ivan would never forgive me. Jayden was basically to Ivan's key to his heart.

        "Jayden...he's my mate," Zev said quickly. If a Human heard him, they wouldn't understand him. But with my amazing hearing due to being a Werewolf, I heard him.

        My eyes widen and my jaw dropped. "Jayden? Holy shit man! I don't know what to say..."

        Zev chuckled darkly and he wiped the bridge of his nose. He got up and started pacing. "I knew when I saw him. I saw him when you took him inside the pack house. I didn't want to believe it but...he's my mate. I've been an ass because of the whole Alpha thing and—fuck. I found my mate," he rambled and stopped pacing.

        He smiled when his eyes landed on Jayden, who was sleeping still. His skin was pale as snow but there was some color on his cheeks, letting us know that he was alive still. The way Zev stared at made me question the mating process. Was I treating Ivan like a toy more than a Human? Yes, he's my mate but the bonds could be broken. I had to claim Ivan before Alpha Norixx comes back from his trip. I knew Alpha Norixx and he wasn't a very patient man.

        Zev stared at Jayden like he was the most beautiful creature in the universe. He stared at him with love and care and I hoped Jayden did the same to him when he wakes up. I left the room to leave Zev with his mate and went to the kitchen to grab myself a drink. Corianne was pouring herself a drink when she flinched and knocked over her glass. A few pack members growled in annoyance.

        "I am so sorry, Beta Enzo. I will clean it quickly. So sorry," she apologized. She got on her knees and was to pick up the broken glass when I grabbed her hand and glared at her.

        "Do not pick up glass with your hands. It will cut you easily. Use a broom," I said angrily. She nodded quickly and I let go of her hand. She stood up and grabbed a broom from the closet. Some of the pack members smirked and left, and the others resumed what they were doing. Corianne threw the broken glass in the garbage and poured me a glass of water but in a plastic cup instead. She was going to leave when I grabbed her wrist. She looked up with a frighten look on her face and I almost felt bad. I've seen the Omegas being scared of me but I could finally see what Ivan was talking about.