Ivan: He's Gone

Enzo picked up Jayden and threw him in the kitchen. I quickly grabbed Corianne and Luka and pulled them out of the kitchen. A few of the pack members crowded around Jayden and they either sneered, hissed, or growled at him. Enzo was growling the loudest through. Zev was still unconscious on the floor, the back of his head was bleeding. Jesus, what did Jayden do? Jayden stood up and snarled at them, his eyes bleeding and his jaw slanted opened, his nails longer than the original Werewolf. I furrowed my eyebrows. Something was oddly wrong about Jayden.

The guy, Theo, stepped forward and was going to pounce when Jayden smacked him across the face, sending Theo across the room. His neck was broken. I gasped and covered my mouth, vomit filling in the back of my throat. Theo's eyes were staring blankly at me. I felt horrible that he was dead and guilt started to crawl inside me. Enzo roared and was going to take a step closer when I pulled him back.

"No! You'll get hurt too!" I panicked. I didn't want or anyone else getting hurt. The last thing I need is someone dying in front of me again. Enzo's eyes softened and looked at me. He grabbed my chin and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Take him in a room!" Enzo yelled. They did what their Alpha ordered and they snatched Jayden's wrists. Jayden sneered, snarled, and growled at the other Werewolves. They threw him in a random room and locked the door. Jayden bang and punched the wooden door. I was almost afraid that he would break it and attack us again.

"What the hell was that?" Luka screamed.

"I thought Jayden forgot his memory. Why the hell did he turn into a Werewolf?" I asked.

"I think Jayden was faking it. He pretend to have memory lost but the whole time he was a Werewolf. He just wanted to leave the room," Enzo explained.

"So...that means, Jayden is a Werewolf, he's not Human anymore? He's not like me," I whispered sadly. Enzo sensed my sad mood and pulled me to his chest. I rather have Jayden forget about me than have him turn into a monster. The way his eyes were ready to kill, his body deformed a bit, his eyes almost out of his sockets, his fingernails ugly and long. That wasn't Jayden. He's gone...

"Why was he like that? Is he a different type of Werewolf? I never seen anything like that," Corianne said and rubbed her arms.

"I don't know. I never seen anything like that either. Perhaps he was a difficult time holding himself back from his Werewolf form and it got confused. Jayden is going to be okay, he will be fine," Enzo said and kissed my forehead. I tried to think of the positives but if he could hurt Zev and kill Theo, he could possibly kill anyone-maybe me.

   ~~~~~

The pack members grabbed Theo's dead body and dump his body outside that had chopped wood. We stood around the fire and watched the flames come to life. I stood next to Enzo as they chanted together and said their farewells to their member. A sudden question popped in my head. "Did you-" 

"Yes," Enzo answered immediately. "That bastard can burn in Hell. No one shall hurt my mate." 

I frowned. "Enzo, don't say that. Somewhere in your heart, he was a father to you." 

"Exactly, was. He's nothing but ashes." 

I didn't argue with him. He thought Alpha Norixx was always a bad person, then he will think. But I knew somewhere in this mess, I was the cause of this. If I haven't met Enzo, if haven't step foot in this for saken house, everyone would have been alive and Enzo wouldn't feel hatred towards his dead Alpha. 

Enzo grabbed my hands as we watched the flames. It felt like it should be in a romance cliche movie where the couple is watching the flames in the sky and notice how beautiful the stars were. I did notice the stars, but the smell of burning flesh was worse. Even though I never got to know Theo and he hurt Enzo, he was still part of the pack. He will be missed.