Chapter 21: Construction

Copyright 2021 by John Wells. All Rights Reserved.

After sex and breakfast Friday morning (another cereal day), I go to the game room. My goal is to transform this room into a scenario room. Given the ability to change matter to energy or energy to matter that the ship has with technology, like magic can do for those blessed with it, they have rooms on the ship to play in. Debbie has all the scenarios supported. The electronics will interface her AI. We are going to turn the existing room into a new one. Then, I will build the electronics to make this room like those on the ship. To play, you enter the room and tell Debbie which scenario to run. The existing room will be the default. To stop, you tell her to stop it to find yourself back in the default near the door you entered and walk out the door. If two people try leaving, one will be at the door, while the other is beside them in the default scenario. If you walk across the room, it will act as if you physically did the walk. However, you would instead walk in place in your private area from your first step away from the door you entered to your last to the door you might exit.

Given this room is bigger, it can handle multiple scenarios simultaneously. You could walk for months in one direction over mountains and never actually move as the electronics transport you back to center and adjust the physical matter around you to match. Everything you can touch exists beyond that is just an image on a wall. If two or more real people can touch, everything they touch is a duplicate of the other person. They actually stay in their own area of the room. You could kiss and both would feel it as real, but you would not be actually touching the other person, only a copy of part of them that moves the same as that person does simultaneously.

There are two parts of this system. The main electronics that mount on the wall near the kitchen door and the mat that lies on the floor. The mat generates the matter in a column directly above it. It cycles kind of like a television does from the mat to the ceiling, one atom at a time in a fraction of a second so the person can not see the effect. The main electronics tell the mat what is to be placed where. Creating the world from a recording previously made. The ship’s transporter can make the recordings, so Debbie flies my ship into orbit above me after I made the ship invisible. She scans the game room as it is to make it into a new scenario. Once done, I empty the room, remove the floor and replace it with the mat. This allows the doors to swing into this room.

About an hour later, I was done with mine. I took my time because it was fun watching atoms appear. It just needed power to test. I steal power from my ship above using the massive power only form of ICs and test it out. I play with each of the items in the room to prove they are working like the room previous did. When too bulky or heavy, I lift all the items by air, otherwise by hand. Afterwards, since I still have time to lunch, I look through the list of scenarios and pick one I would not have considered before moving here, a nude beach. I take off my clothes and create myself a towel, putting it down on the sand. Then, I walk into the water, both embarrassed and turned on being seen by the fifty beach goers. I swim for a while before taking a nap on my towel. Debbie wakes me just before lunch. I disconnect my power from the control panel, leaving it still working so we can test or connect other devices.

Dan’s job is to make the hand held weapons, which he does at the gun range. A pistol like weapon that can stun or destroy an elephant or smaller targets. A rifle weapon that can destroy larger targets like city blocks with skyscrapers. Each has a power setting that adjusts the effect from tiny targets to huge. The pistol has a toggle to block the electrical signals nerves use for stun or turn the matter into energy for destruction. Both weapons have a small power supply to provide all the power required. We changed the design a bit as the weapons required charging. Instead, we will use the wormhole ICs to provide the power permanently to charge the device after each use.