Chapter 11

if y'all don't stop with all this praise in the comments i'm gonna kiss you 🙄✋🏽

QOTD: if you watch anime, what's your favorite(s)?

"You sure you don't wanna see me off~?"

"I'm positive." I rejected Lucas' oh so generous offer to drive him to Chet's place. He just wanted me to help him take up some of his final things. The past few nights he's been sleeping in my bed with me but he's finally moving out for good now.

"You're gonna miss me~" He sang.

I responded with a soft noise, not agreeing but not disagreeing. He probably knows I will. If not, I don't care.

"Ugh," he suddenly let out a groan and squeezed his eyes shut after looking at something on his phone, "look at this, Ry. You used to be a baby."

The couch dipped under my weight when I leaned over to see this picture. My nose immediately wrinkled when I saw the bowl cut. "Why did you let me go to school like that?"

"You should've known yourself. We were, like, 17."

"You were a horrible friend, still are."

He waved me off and started scrolling through some more. "I didn't realize how many pics I had of you on my instagram."

"Those are all old?"

"Mhm, most of them are from college but there's some from high school too."

"Delete them." I groaned, wanting to forget that period of my life forever. Why do teenagers these days never go through that awkward phase millennials did?

"Don't worry, I am." He snorted as if my input was completely absurd. "This is the only one I'm gonna keep."

When he turned his phone around for me to see again, I immediately went to grab it. He must've expected this reaction considering his laugh and how quickly he pulled his phone away. "That's the worst one." I complained.

"That's why I'm keeping it~ You didn't know about it for years, you'll be fine."

"It has 56 likes." I cried.

"It had 55 a few days ago." He mumbled, still deleting old photos. "Someone liked it but I didn't notice until this morning."

"Really? Isn't that photo, like, four years old?"

"Yeah. I post a lot too so they must've really been scrolling."

"Oh~" I sang. "Maybe someone has a little crush on you."

"Doubt it." He waved off with a flick of his wrist. "They liked a few others but I wasn't really in any of them."