The Question

This morning was like every other. I wake up in Sam's arms. It it the most amazing thing ever. However the boys have been acting really weird. Like they know something that they are not allowed to tell me. I have tried to read their minds but they keep thinking of the weirdest things, like singing cats and talking toilet seats. But their boys so many it is normal.

After lunch dad came and told me he wanted to take Lili for ice cream and keep her for the night. I told him ok, and that I would send one of the boys with a bag for her later. I managed to get Paul to run him the bag.

We all talked and enjoyed the day. After dinner the boys and Kim found a reason to leave then it was just me and Sam. I was in the kitchen and I just finished the dishes when arms wrapped around me. I leaned back into Sam and he started kissing my neck. He worked his way up to my ear. "Wanna go for a walk" he asked and I nodded.

We walked all the way out to the cliffs. We talked about random things. Then he stopped. I turned towards him and looked at him. "Ashley, I have loved you for a long time, if not than forever. Even when I was too dumb to see it. You and Lilian are my world. I love waking up with you in my arms, I love when you and Lili sing and dance around the living room. You two drive me crazy, but I love you so much." He said. He then pulled a box out of his pocket and got on one knee. I pulled my hands over my mouth. He opened the box and it was the most beautiful ring I have ever seen.

"Ashley May Black, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me" he asked. "Yes, yes, a thousand times yes" I said jumping into his arms. He then put the ring on my finger. We kissed and stayed there for a while like that. We pulled away and rested our foreheads together. "I've been working on something for a while" I started and he gave me a questioning look. I giggled at him and backed away. I looked out at the view for a second.

"I see your light. I know it's coming and I'm terrified. No more defense to hide behind. Oh, just you and I." I sang then slowly walked towards him. "And through the smoke I see you burning like a ray of hope. I found the fire and now the ashes glow. Oh, come alive. And now that I'm awake, I'm not afraid." I sang now standing right in front of him. "I'm letting so tonight" I sang as I touched the side of his face. "'Cause we found strength in each other's arms. We built this love and we made it our. Empire, empire, empire." I sang as he spun me then pulled me to him.

"And you and I can rule each other's hearts. We'll build on love and we'll make it our. Empire, empire, empire." I sang quietly holding his face. "Stone by stone. We'll build this tower we can call our own." I sang while rubbing one of my thumbs on his cheek. "Oh, just you and I. So let the drums roll, the cannons blow. We're letting go tonight" I sang with one hand on his chest and the other on his cheek.

"'Cause we strength in each other's arms. We built this love and we made it our empire, empire, empire. And you and I could rule each other's hearts. We'll build on love and we'll make it our empire, empire, empire. They'll never take it down, take it down. Burn it down, burn us down. Take it down, take down our empire. They'll never take it down, take it down. Burn it down, burn us down. Take it down, take down our empire. 'Cause we found strength in each other's arms. We built this love and we made it our empire, empire, empire. And you and I could rule each other's hearts. We'll build on love and we'll make it our empire, empire, empire. They'll never take it down, take it down. Burn it down, burn us down. Take it down, take down our empire." I finished singing in a whisper. Sam leaned down and kissed me. "I love you" he said as he pulled me closer. "I love you too" I said happily.

We walked back to the house hand in hand. We talked with stupidity huge grins on our faces. Once we got home we turned on a movie and cuddled on the couch. One our movie was over we went to our room and made an extremely rememberable night.