Chapter Eight

Y/ns Pov

"Excuse me?" She didnt look my in the eye and that pissed me off.

"I was hired by Cindy to kill you..and..and i couldnt because i became too attached and now shes trying to kill you because i didnt." I watched a tear drop from her eye and i didnt know whether to believe her or not.

"Why does she want me dead so bad" I asked. I should really be more cautious but for some reason i believed her. I mean youd think in be furious with her right now but im just trying to really figure out whats going on.

"I dont know she didnt tell me. I want to help to get her but i cant tell your boss, id be connected to a lot of murders and get in trouble, i cant have that" She started speaking quickly and i put my hands on her shoulders. I nodded trying my best to think of what we could possibly do.

"Kill her" I said lowly and Ariana looked at me like i had three heads.

"Kill her?! You could literally lose your job! Your whole career! Ive got nothing to lose, you have a whole life" She spat at me and i moved closer to her and pushed her into a corner.

"First of all shut the fuck up and second we need to kill her before she does me. Then id not only have no job, i wouldnt have a soul either. Im not gonna let her take away my life, im sorry but im killer her, whether you help or not" I made my way back inside and she followed keeping quiet.

"Y/N?" My boss called with his phone in his hand and his feet quickly making their way towards me. Ariana stood behind me arms crossed and quiet. "We have somehow been able to trace the ID to a person named Cindy Hightower, works at Hills Hospital? Would you happen to know anything about her?"

"Yeah um just give me a second" I went on my old schools website and looked for the old yearbook pictures. I passed by a whole bunch of people i could now care less about until i found her picture and quote for senior year. ''Cindy L. Hightower. I went to school with her though i can barely remember anything about her. Or even her presence''

"I think we could bring her down for questioning" My boss said and i nodded.

"Wait" I called out before my boss walked away. "While on that run she had told me she knows me from here because i had arrested her once. Are we allowed to check for a record?" I asked and i watched Layla get up.

"Ive got it" She walked to the back and disappeared. I turned around to Ariana. She looked up at me through her eyelashes before looking away. I think she was still shaken up about telling me the truth but right now thats the least of my worries. "Cindy Lee Hightower. Assault, but the charges were dropped, thats the only reason she got to keep her job. She was right about you arresting her, says you were first on the scene and you brought her in for questioning"

"Who the hell did she shit on" Ariana asked lowly.

"Ex boyfriend apparently" I scanned through her file which was only about two pages. "Honestly, i dont think this is enough to bring her in" I gave Layla a glare. "Not to burst your bubble or anything"

"Well you kinda did" I closed the folder and handed it back to her. She frowned before walking away. "I dont care okay thats it, im bringing her down here and if one of you dont question her than i fucking will. But dont be surprised when you cant find her after" I started making my way towards the front doors.

"Miss Y/L/N" My boss called. "Did i just hear a threat?"

"You heard a fucking promise" I walked out and to my car with my little woman running behind. Once i got in my car i took a deep breath and looked at Ariana.

"Your really testing your limits here" She pushed my chest as i made eye contact with her.

"At this point i could care less and you need to understand that. More than my career is on the line, its my whole fucking life and over some stupid thing i did in high school that i cant even remember. So fuck limits and everything else, i getting rid of her whether you help or not" I put my car in reverse and started backing out of the parking lot and making my way home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its short but i didnt wanna make you guys wait longer than u really had too