Chapter Four

Y/Ns pov

"Why" I questioned her. We were now in the living room at my house. I was still stuck and couldnt wrap my head around everything.

"Y/N you dont understand. Its my job" She answered and i stood quiet while staring at the floor. I had never really givin thought to what she really does. I never thought too deep, its like i was blind but it was in plain sight. "Im just an angry person Y/N, so i do it, but with style" She smiled but it faded away once she looked at me.

"Why are you so angry?"

"Its complicated okay-" She was cut off by a ringtone and she quickly went to answer it, and ironically my phone went off too. It was my boss. I quickly went to answer it and cleared my throat.

"I need you tonight, need my best officer patrolling the crime scene area. Shouldnt be much trouble since surprisingly everyone had already left, i need you there in ten minutes" He hung up without me even saying a word and i got up with a huff and went upstairs while Ariana was still on the phone. I Took the quickest shower i could, put my hair up, brushed my teeth, put my uniform on and was on my way out the door. I noticed she wasnt here anymore and honestly i had no problem with that so i was on my way.

-At Scene-

I got out my car and looked around. It was me and three other officers on the scene but i wasnt very social so i waved to them and walked around. "Y/N! Want one?" Some one called and i turned around to see all three of my co-workers drinking beers. I was no snitch but i also wasnt one of them.

"They better be gone when i circle back around" I shouted back at them and they nodded. I continued making my way around this big building sometimes stopping hoping id see something but nothing ever happened. I decided to make my way inside and it was horrifying. the lights were flickering and everything was a mess. Like the building had been abandoned. I stepped under the yellow tape and looked at the puddle of blood in the middle of the lobby. So he wasnt killed in his office.

"Woah nice" I jumped and was ready to pull my gun but when i turned around it was just her again.

"The fuck are you doing here, its an active crime scene" I pushed her behind the yellow tape and out of the building.

"Whaaat im just here to check it out. Seems like ive got some competition" She said with a smirk and i put my hands on my hips. I looked around the night sky trying to ignore the look she was giving me. A gleam in her pretty brown eyes.

"Competition?" I asked and she nodded.

"Theres another killer in this city and it isnt me. And i refuse to be out of work because of them and i refuse to let them be better than me" I closed my eyes and shook my head. She stared at my chest and i noticed her reaching for gun. "Look at me" I look at her. "Dont move" She pushed me down to the ground quickly and i fell back hard. She turned around and started shooting towards the top of the penthouse buildings across the street. I heard a suppressed shot go off and quickly took cover, grabbing Ariana on the way.

"Sniper of penthouse roof, northwest i need backup" I said twice over the radio. I heard another shot go off and pulled Ariana closer to me. "Youve got to go"

"But i cant! He's not dead yet"

"GO!" She started running and i followed her until she was out of everyone's sight. "Anyone see anything?" I asked over the radio and got nothing. I rushed back to the front of the buildings and seen my team still in cover. 

"Our radios arent working, someone must have messed with our satellite" One of my guys said.

"He's gone already, get up"