Chapter 22

"She didn't asked you to ride with her back home?" Addy said as she leaned forward took a piece of pizza from box.

I shook my head as I was munching on pizza.

"I don't approve what you're doing Alex." David said, disappointed. He was sitting across me.

I rolled my eyes at him.

Addy hummed as her mouth was full of pizza.

I don't know why he was 'disappointed'. David came here just before me. I told them everything that happened with Ashley and Octavia as we ordered pizza.

Addy didn't really said anything except David.

"Why? I didn't do anything wrong." I took a sip from beer.

"You're going to break someone's heart, either Ashleys' or Octavias' soon. Why don't you just do it now instead of prolonging this nonsense!" He snapped angrily as he stood up.

I was shocked. I looked over Addy and she was staring at him. It's first time I was seeing him lost his cool.

He realized and slumped on couch. "Sorry.." he muttered.

I shook my head and stood up. I went to him and sat beside him.

I looked towards Addy and saw her gulping down beer. I shook my head and made him look towards me.

"What's wrong" I asked gently

He was looking towards his hand which was on his thighs. "You're playing with feelings here. You have to choose Alex." He looked at me when he said last part.

I sighed as I took my beer from the table and gulped all at once.

I was thristy.

"I doubt they like me" I mumbled

They both looked at me. Addy had her mouth still full, she looked really funny. I saw her raise an eyebrow. David shifted a bit to make himself comfortable.

"We are all ears" he said while looking at Addy as she nodded.

I had my doubts for a while now. I can't believe I like two people and they reciprocate feelings.

It's too good to be true.

"It's just unreal and suspicious." I answered.

"How?" Finally Addy voiced.

"Uh, I don't know how to explain, but they both had boyfriends and suddenly they're gay? Anyone's feelings can fade away over the years, and let's not forget about Ashley bullying me knowingly." I blurted.

"You're overthinking Alex" David said

"No no, wait." Addy started. "It does looks weird. You don't hurt someone you love, even maybe Octavia didn't broke up with that asshole" The last part made me irritated

"What do you mean? Her parents caught him cheating!" I snarled

She shook her head "I'm not sure but she was still with him when he was cheating and her parents weren't around. And even if she left him, he'll convince her to take him back. Men are manipulative" she stated as a matter of fact.

"Aye! Not all men are assholes!" David retorted.

Addy chuckled. "Not all but if they make a woman fall of their trap, it's game over for her." She then looked at me and pointed her index finger at me. "If they both really love you, then you're a 'manipulative' girl who makes people fall her trap"

I raised an eyebrow and shook my head. This conversation was getting ridiculous.

Octavia won't do that. I don't think she'd see Rick when we are together. She wasn't a cheater.